They're here..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spotted those during a recent shop on GEB. Currently got 100 g of mosaic powder sat in my freezer. *rubs hands and cackle maniacally*

Good value if you only need half the amount. Would they produce any bittering if added at flameout? I'm not clear on this.

What do you reckon, all in at flamout? I have some and going to give them a try this weekend if it does not rain.
Yeah that's what I'd go for, really interested to hear how it goes so keep us posted.
Good value if you only need half the amount. Would they produce any bittering if added at flameout? I'm not clear on this.
As far as I can tell (which isn't very far at all actually) they are designed to impart flavour and aroma without the bitterness.

I have been reading they are difficult to mix into liquid. Will be interested to hear how you get on with them

From what i read when dry hopping they need to be stirred or they will not drop and at worst you will get a gritty beer.
As i dont have any clear FV's i will only DH a DJ full and see how that goes.
Will do a pale ale to start with 15m addition and flameout.

From what i've read you simply use the powder at half the amount of normal hops. Haven't heard anything about them not imparting bitterness. Essentially the powder is just the lupulin part of the hops we desire, minus all the waste vegetal matter. At least i think so.

Latest posts

Back