Infrared Thermometer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone use these?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072BHHWK2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Just wondering if they are accurate enough for our purposes?

Cheers :)

I bought one - looks the same as that one on your link. Mine is ok at lower temps (20-30°C) but drifts out as you get up to 65°C - think its something like 4-5°C out.

Mines no good for checking mash temps but ok for checking wort temp as chilling down to pitching temps post boil.

Think from memory the instructions for mine said it wasn't designed for taking the temp of liquids !

Thats just my experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one - looks the same as that one on your link. Mine is ok at lower temps (20-30°C) but drifts out as you get up to 65°C - think its something like 4-5°C out.

Mines no good for checking mash temps but ok for checking wort temp as chilling down to pitching temps post boil.

Think from memory the instructions for mine said it wasn't designed for taking the temp of liquids !

Thats just my experiences.

Cheers for that, it was more for the chilling side of things to save me sticking my current one in so I think I'll go for it as its only a fiver :)

Back