Takeaways

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolk

Reaction score
I am trying to get a takeaway for tonight via the 2 online sites.
I am on my own but I have to order a minimum of £15 of food.
Just recently the takeaways are upping there min order prices, IK that they have to pass on their costs.

The number of places for me to order from is getting smaller,
I think the companys are charging the shops too much now :nono:

Rant over :)

I agree with @britton choose something that is safe to re-heat and have the second meal tomorrow night.

Why involve a 3rd party at all? Don't these places answer the phone and deliver themselves...

Yeah like the Jamie chap...big slap up dinner in 30 minutes. Nip out to the shops..1 hour,prep everything..half hour,get distracted watching **** on the telly and boozing...another hour,forget vital ingredients. ...give up and phone the Indian, Chinese to find out you're too late...drink more beer...eat whatever is in the fridge...drink more beer...go to bed ****** and hungry.
Who me? How very dare you!
Morrison advert just been on...big chunky steak pies...served by a big chunky girl who looks like a move to the lettuce counter might be a good idea...the pies look good though..

save all the plastic containers your takeaway comes in and then cook a big batch and refill said containers and freeze. Did a lovely lamb curry using a jointed shoulder, trimmed up.

I'm lucky enough to live across from a Chinese, 2 x curry houses, a pizza / burger bar and a co-op.
There's also a pub, club, a butchers and ironically a gym all within a couple of minutes walk from my front door.

I'm lucky enough to live across from a Chinese, 2 x curry houses, a pizza / burger bar and a co-op.
There's also a pub, club, a butchers and ironically a gym all within a couple of minutes walk from my front door.
I take it with the gym last on list it's either the farthest away or never gets used by yourself [emoji39]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Take aways are not really very nice unless you have a good one near you, and most don't.
You may as well stock up on the meals for two from M&S and other supermarkets for £10, which usually include a bottle of cheap but drinkable plonk. So you get two meals for the price of one, better food perhaps, and you can get slightly hammered celebrating the fact that you have saved a fiver

I take it with the gym last on list it's either the farthest away or never gets used by yourself [emoji39]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

It is the farthest away ( about a 4 min walk ) and no I don't pay money to keep fit, I have 2 bikes ( road and mountain ) and a border collie and despite being surrounded by take aways I do actually live in the country.

one of the curry houses is spot on though, its actually a restaurant / take out, a little bit pricey but well worth it.

And the gun lol, unless threw the pellet really hard :lol:

No, the gun paid for itself a few years back when I had the £1000 pigeon pie. It's like the shiny homebrew kit; all paid off thanks to the £50 a pint oatmeal stout batch in 2014!

Back