BeerSwap Feedback

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thanks very much everyone. Has been a pleasure. :thumb:

I've now deleted all personal details (real names, addresses, email addresses and the odd phone number provided) and email communications given in the Summer beer swap. I have retained an outline of the swap sheet that just shows who sent and received what, by forum names only.

The next time we're opening each other's bottles, there may be snow on the ground, tinsel and chestnuts. Roll on the Secret Santa!

Cheers
MTW

Right here comes the final review, it's of 1D Dark Ale Sorry about the lateness.

Appearence: Bottle been settling for almost a week now, seems reasonably clear but always hard to tell with a dark beer.Nice big lasting head with small bubbles, good cling and nice brown colour. 9/10

Aroma & Taste: Nice subtle aroma, I'd guess a reasonably late hop addition, cascade or similar. Nice caramel, malty backbone to the beer and a pretty hefty bitterness whack towards the end. Very well balanced, I often find some dark/brown ales a bit malty but this has a lovely hoppiness to it as well. In a weird way in tastes quite similar to a dark wheat I done with Tettnang and cascade. I'd guess there's a fair amount of dark crystal or something similar. 9/10

Overall: Cracking pint, as I said superbly balanced and very drinkable. would happily have a few jars of this and would be very happy if I got it in a pub.

:hat:

Nice review (and pic!) C.

Just finish off the contents of those whisky tubes in the background and you'll have your packaging ready for the next swap! :grin: :drink: :grin: :drink: :drunk:

morethanworts said:
Nice review (and pic!) C.

Just finish off the contents of those whisky tubes in the background and you'll have your packaging ready for the next swap! :grin: :drink: :grin: :drink: :drunk:

Those tubes are all unfortunately empty...just this month's stash you know :whistle:

cwiseman77 said:
Right here comes the final review, it's of 1D Dark Ale Sorry about the lateness.

Appearence: Bottle been settling for almost a week now, seems reasonably clear but always hard to tell with a dark beer.Nice big lasting head with small bubbles, good cling and nice brown colour. 9/10

Aroma & Taste: Nice subtle aroma, I'd guess a reasonably late hop addition, cascade or similar. Nice caramel, malty backbone to the beer and a pretty hefty bitterness whack towards the end. Very well balanced, I often find some dark/brown ales a bit malty but this has a lovely hoppiness to it as well. In a weird way in tastes quite similar to a dark wheat I done with Tettnang and cascade. I'd guess there's a fair amount of dark crystal or something similar. 9/10

Overall: Cracking pint, as I said superbly balanced and very drinkable. would happily have a few jars of this and would be very happy if I got it in a pub.

:hat:

That's my Almondbury Ale kit :drink: , which I have to say has impressed me enormously.

Thanks very much for the feedback (and pic), I feel almost unworthy of such support.

It's great to have so much enthusiasm and positive comments on this thread. If I've learned nothing else then I've learned two things - that everyone on here will find something positive in whatever you brew and that I will definately be sending off again in the next beer swap!

A big cheers to the organisers and all who took part, it's been most enjoyable!

:cheers: :clap:

Would love to know who mine came from, it was a corker - the old fish house brewery?

a big thanks to the organizers and posters, really enjoyable beer swap, hope I can brew something better! :thumb:

Its been fascinating reading all the post and comments, thank you to the organisers.

The question is: how do I put my name down for the next swap?

RobWalker said:
Would love to know who mine came from, it was a corker - the old fish house brewery?

a big thanks to the organizers and posters, really enjoyable beer swap, hope I can brew something better! :thumb:

fairbrew claimed it at the bottom of Page 2 of this topic Rob:

fairbrew said:
The Mission Apollo was mine. Thanks for a fantastic indepth review , Rob.
I bottled this in February and only had a couple of bottles left. I was going to send a Nelson Sauvin , glad I changed my mind.
Rob summed it up very well , as a summer ale with plenty of Apollo hops and a fairly simple grain bill. I really apreciate a review by someone who knows their stuff (all my mates liked it , but they will drink anything that is free)
Mine arrived today 1E , I hope I can do it justice when it has settled

...unless you were after real names/identities, which we're obliged to hide and are now destroyed anyway!!!

BrewBilly said:
Its been fascinating reading all the post and comments, thank you to the organisers.

The question is: how do I put my name down for the next swap?

We're still taking ideas/comments and planning the dates for the Secret Santa. I think we're pretty sure that the tastings (as the name suggests) will be aimed over the festive period, but entry dates have yet to be sorted.

Please keep an eye on any new 'Secret Santa' topics appearing in the coming weeks!

morethanworts said:
RobWalker said:

]
Yes, That was mine Rob and thanks for the great review. I brewed a Apollo/ Citra brew last night and will be doing a NS brew tomorrow, as over the last couple of weekends (a BBQ for 40 and a camping trip for which I supplied the beer) we have drunk 60 litres of stock , leaving me with very little ready beer. :drink:
I would echo Robs thanks to the organizers and cant wait for the next one

Grumpy Jack said:
That's my Almondbury Ale kit :drink: , which I have to say has impressed me enormously.
:cheers: :clap:

Would never have guessed it was a kit, assumed it was AG as it really was a cracking pint, very surprised. I was never able produce anything half as good when I done kits. Well done to you sir, superbly executed :thumb:

Looking forward to the Santa Swap.

I did try to drum up support for this idea viewtopic.php?f=10&t=42567
but it seemed to die a death without much support (except Mick and Godfrey - thanks guys :thumb: )

This will be my last post about it, if nobody likes the idea I shall allow it to die a dignified death in obscurity...

It was a good swap and well organised, hats off to the organisers and the brewers who supplied top notch beers! Roll on Christmas! :thumb:

Yes as stated before a great swap that was well organized. Good idea to match up people with similar tastes. I'm making plans for my Christmas brew Strong Saison vs. Belgian Quad :) Thanks again T.

Latest posts

Back