Wilco newkie brown is my next brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canidrinkityet

Reaction score
Hi
Having just got hold of 3 more barrels another fermenting bin a co2 bottle (full) spoon sterilisers and 50 beer bottles for £30.

I couldn't help myself with a trip to wilco..... On leaving along with the newkie (not sweet) a bottle capper 50 caps some beer finnings beer sugar and some malt (dark) I'm ready to start my next brew early next week :)

Anyone else done this kit ?

bargain!

check the beer kit review section for past experiences, I know a lot of people have done it.

general improvements for kit beers - use a better yeast, use beer kit enhancer instead of 1kg sugar, and brew to 20L instead of 23L for more body and abv.

good luck :cheers:

Wee the newkie brown is in the FV with a sg 1042 just done the kit as per stock instructions except used beer sugar and only made upto 20 ltrs.
Hopefully it be ok .....

One real nightmare was a small amount off the label from the tin fell into the mix :( I got it all out (I hope ) instantly ..what's peoples view on this ?

Thx rob

Just worried some label may remain !!! Guessing it will drop to bottom erc but mess up the brew ...however it may improve it lol...

Latest posts

Back