Wilkinson cider kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisnewton

Reaction score
Hi all

I started a cider kit on Saturday night and almost immediately it's bubbling away. The thing is after 2 days it's still not got a foamy head it's clear but yet still bubbling.

Is it normal for it to bubble but not have a foamy head?

Yeh sounds OK, I find the krausen starts after a few days and disappears really quickly again 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If it's bubbling away then I wouldn't worry too much...

I was trying to think if I have had any like that.. probably have cos sometimes I just leave them to it in the cupboard

what are the advantages of using a kit to make cider ? iv made beer, stout ,bitters etc from kits as i havent the equipment to prepare the grains but you can buy apple juice from the shops. i just ask as iv only made turbo ciders not cider from kits

If it's a 25L kit then it saves opening so many bloody juice cartons haha, although personally speaking (from experience), TC from cartons makes for a far better result than kits 😀

If it's a 25L kit then it saves opening so many bloody juice cartons haha, although personally speaking (from experience), TC from cartons makes for a far better result than kits 😀

cheap apple juice is already packed full of sugar aswell so saves you some money there:whistle:

Just a follow up to this question, I never checked the original gravity reading but checked the last one and it was in the range the instructions said to bottle so I just have. Question is it never did get the white covering on the top like all my others so is there a chance it never actually worked and it's not alcohol I just bottled?

I have never made cider but assume it will have started a fair bit higher than 1.006, i doubt you have made flavoured water. :wink:

Back