Elderflower HELP!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikki

Reaction score
Hi All,
Made Elderflower wine last year and have done 2 rackings, the wine is nicely clearing BUT! it as a very strong Elderflower (Over Powering) bouquet and no body to the wine. Dose anyone have any suggestions what I can do to improve this wine

Many thanks

Rikki :pray:

Use it as a mixer with gin & tonic [emoji1] It's what I did with my over strong elderflower. Or I had a dash of lemonade in it.

I'm not sure how easy it will be to rescue now that it is done.

Hi All,
Made Elderflower wine last year and have done 2 rackings, the wine is nicely clearing BUT! it as a very strong Elderflower (Over Powering) bouquet and no body to the wine. Dose anyone have any suggestions what I can do to improve this wine

Many thanks

Rikki :pray:

If you haven't used Potassium Sorbate then you could use a single bottle to make another gallon, like I did here http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61979

Thanks for that Tau, will be going to my Brew store tomorrow for some Potassium Sorbate and give it ago. whats your Lemon Balm Wine Like, is it dry & Citrus?

Regards Rik :thumb:

Thanks for that Tau, will be going to my Brew store tomorrow for some Potassium Sorbate and give it ago. whats your Lemon Balm Wine Like, is it dry & Citrus?

Regards Rik :thumb:

Don't add Potassium sorbate :nono: if you hadn't stopped your elferflower with k.sorbate then it will ferment again when diluted if you had it won't ferment out again.

Lemon balm havent taken it off the must yet, will let you know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back