apricot wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Simple apricot 250g dried 44 apricots 1kg sugar 400ml grape juice 140g suagr 2 tsp pectolase 1 heaped tsp nutrient 2 tea bags harris yeast 18% , simmered Blended apricots, boiling water, simmered, 4000ml white grape juice. onto 1kg sugar. Ruffly 1.3 kg sugar including grape and apricots.

Overall about 1.3 kg, I keep getting wild readings with the must in, 1kg added sugar only. I know that in 1 ltr of the grape juice used theres 300g of sugar, so I estimated the apricots, might be a bit more or less sugar.

Completed ferment, 0.990, camden and finings. Noticed I put 4000ml of grape, edit to 400ml.

Just bottled - tasted ok but camden was used, it is recommended that you dont sulphinate apricot wine, but last batch was ok after six months. Just knocked another batch, but using sultanas instead of white grape juice.

Just revoved must of second batch at S.g 0.992, added a little nutrient to finish off in next day or two, unsure if I will add a camden.

Latest posts

Back