Apple offer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi again, I have been offered 3 huge apple trees to strip of its apples, I don't have a press or the money to spare that they cost at the moment. I know I might be trying to run before I can walk but is there another way to extract the juice ???? Any advice is more than welcome. Thanks

zub

Hi Zub

There have been a few posts over the last few months showing how to make a press from scrap timber and car jacks so you may be able to make something for next to nothing.

Try looking here
or here

Good luck with your endeavour I'm sure with that many apples you will find away to press them.

:cheers:

Hi there zub I hav used a juicer and now brewing 7 gallons of cider which doing well at mo. I borrowed it off the in laws and cost 70 pounds I learned that the ones that shoot the pulp out the back and in2 a seperate container works very very well. IT just wasted the apples like lightning. I did 6 carrier bags full in 2 hours from juicer too DJ. WASH THEM if u manage to get them and CUT OUT THE BAD IF ANY.
. pips n skins went in the juicer as well. good luck and happy brewing :cheers: :thumb:

ericstd said:
I've got the scratter and press, you've got the apples!
Life is so unfair.

Maybe time to ask about the "The Home Brew Forum" express ;)

Anyone passing through North Wales and going anywhere near Notts ???????

Latest posts

Back