Mouse loose about the shed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
Thought I saw something the other night when I was fiddling with the push bike, dismissed it and never thought to look further.
Started a beer 8am this morning, opened the grains cupboard and the little buggers had some grains. Looks like the only bag he's opened was peat smoked malt. One grain I'll not be experimenting with again, but he's not having any others.
Inbetween boils and sparges I've been cleaning up and popped to Boots for peppermint oil, apparently they hate the smell and move on. Hoping I don't have to resort to traps but think I'll have to if he doesn't sod off by Wednesday :wha:

we had a mouse in the house they like the warm this time of year i clubbed it with a metal ladle as it was climbing the blinds but that wasnt till it had chewed the bottom of 2 internal doors :rofl:

Little bugger was sat watching me whilst I drained to FV's, thinking of taping up the nailgun and playing cowboys with it :twisted:

You can always get the humane traps if you don't want to crush the little bugger...Peanut Butter is the business as a trap bait

Get some traps down mate, it will prob come back if you let it go. I use pieces of mars bars in my traps, works for me anyway
:cheers:

Going to lend some traps from work, humane ones for now....I seriously considered taping up the nail gun but would of probably shot myself in the foot or more importantly a corny keg.
Shed currently smells a lovely peppermint and Percy the mouse is living it high in there ( Youngest daughter named him :evil: )

Sean_Mc said:
Going to lend some traps from work, humane ones for now
:twisted: Lend to, borrow from, you can't lend from or borrow to! :twisted:

You are going to borrow some traps.
They are going to lend you some traps.

Oh, and get a cat.

PMSL big mouse n rat problem here but i got 5 cats! between them they have caught 54 in the last two months. Locals all store grain and feed for chickens n goats hence the problem.
Even had some nibble my malting grains in the greenhouse on the roof - think thats where the one caught last night came from :cheers:

Moley said:
Sean_Mc said:
Going to lend some traps from work, humane ones for now
:twisted: Lend to, borrow from, you can't lend from or borrow to! :twisted:

You are going to borrow some traps.
They are going to lend you some traps.

Oh, and get a cat.

Calm down dear :lol:

screamlead said:
PMSL big mouse n rat problem here but i got 5 cats!

We don't have no cat's but my dog tends to chase the Rats. With living near the Leeds and Liverpool canal we get loads of them, however it does not help with all the asians throwing rice out. I think a rat has found its self a spot under my shed :rofl:

I was in work Yesterday and got a call say the mouse was in the trap :party: Saved me a couple of quid as I was going to buy some old fashioned snap shut ones today and sort him out that way.

Came home this morning and inspected the trap, dead mouse inside :wha: Ask the lad what had happened and clumsy told me he'd dropped the trap.

Trap reset, but hoping that he was a hermit mouse

Cats are the way forward, ours is brilliant at catching mice. Only problem is, it sees them more as a play toy than target to be removed with extreme prejudice. The last one was chased into a corner, put under siege for a couple of hours and then off'ed.

The mouse sitting looking back reminds of the ones in the maltings at Laphroaigh, they were running around quite happily and sitting on machinery when a person was no more than 3 or 4 feet away. Oh, and there were plenty of traps, just the mice went round them.

If you've got a good solid wall then an air rifle works well, mouse head doesn't put up much resistance but they do tend to leak (the mouse that is).

Terriers are far more efficient than cats. No playing around just a quick death and onto the next one and they are not so smug about it either.

Had another mouse last night, live one this time. So released him down the fields well away from the house.

Have a soppy terrier called Busta, but his mice catching days are behind him. The idea it to get rid of small mammals not get larger ones :grin:

About 64 rats n mice in just over 3 months here my cats are well on form. Some they eat some they dont depends how quick i can get hold of the cat. Alwyas try to take them off them as lost 2 to poisoned rats here so far.

Well the humane trap caught two, then my lad said he saw one in the house, near his bedroom door. This was heard by my youngest daughter and it ended up in screams and tears :(

Well that was last Saturday, traps bought Sunday, set and baited with peanut butter.
Four mice in the shed and one in the house by Monday morning and nothing since.

Hoping to god that's the end of them :pray:

we have 3 cats and at least one mouse living in the kitchen brought in by the blooming cats!!!!!

and the clever little sod has so far managed to set off one trap and nick the bait of the other and escape intact :shock:

ThreadKiller said:
we have 3 cats and at least one mouse living in the kitchen brought in by the blooming cats!!!!!

and the clever little sod has so far managed to set off one trap and nick the bait of the other and escape intact :shock:

Maybe you have the Chuck Norris of the mouse world in your kitchen.

Back