Wheelers latest edition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturobandini

Regular.
Reaction score
Finally ordered this having cancelled my Amazon order because they were being totally useless. It should be arriving in the next couple of days and I intend to try my hand at a clone brew. My request is thus..... Can someone post up the recipe list so I can make up my mind in advance! Thanks

oops..Just recommended the Wheeler Book on another post...on here a few minutes ago...Via Amazon :oops: To be honest mine arrived in good time.....If you are referring to Brew-Your-British-Real-Camra!! I think its great :D

Yes that's the one. I borrowed a copy of the previous edition from my local library and decided to pre-order a copy from Amazon but they proceeded to mess me about terribly so I cancelled and forgot about it. I think they were taking orders they couldn't possibly fill and as a result people got pushed about the queue a bit. I'm not actually after any recipes persay, just the contents list!

jamesb said:
Now take 4kg of pale malt and SOME hops...

heh Poor Graham. Did that misprint turn out to be Goldings in the end? To be honest it speaks volumes about the editor of the book!

This "arrived" this morning and postie said nobody was home despite the fact I've been up with my two month old son since 6am. God bless Royal Mail. I'll type the contents list up here so if people like the look of a few recipes they can get hold of a copy.

I've tasted a few versions of some of Graham's recipes (not actually devised by him as many of you know they come from the Brewery and he passes them through his own brewing software) and i've been impressed with the results. It's not an exact science but it's the ingredients and the hopping schedule which is an excellent base to tweak to your tastes.

Ok here's the list of Beers...

Adnams Bitter
Adnams Broadside
Adnams Explorer
Archers Best
Archers Village
Arkells 3B
Arkells Kingsdown Ale
Arkells Mash Tun Mild
Bank's Bitter
Bank's Hansons Mild
Bank's Original
Bass Draught Bass
Bass Mild
Batemans Dark Mild
Batemans Salem Porter
Batemans Victory Ale
Batemans XXXB
Bathams Best Bitter
Belhaven 60/-
Belhaven 80/-
Belhaven 90/-
Big Lamp Bitter
Black Sheep Ale
Black Sheep Best Bitter
Black Sheep Riggwelter
Boddingtons Bitter
Boddingtons Mild
Brakspear Bitter
Brakspear Special
Burton Bridge Bridge Bitter
Burton Bridge Golden Delicious
Burton Bridge Top Dog Stout
Burton Bridge XL Bitter
Caledonian 80/-
Caledonian Deuchars IPA
Caledonian Porter
Camerons Best Bitter
Camerons Castle Eden Ale
Camerons Strongarm
Cotleigh Barn Owl
Cotleigh Tawney Bitter
Courage Best Bitter
Courage Directors
Donnington BB
Donninton SBA
Everards Beacon
Everards Original
Everards Tiger
Exe Valley Autumn Glory
Exe Valley Dob's Best Bitter
Exe Valley Spring Beer
Exmoor Ale
Exmoor Beast
Exmoor Gold
Felinfoel Best Bitter
Felinfoel Double Dragon
Flowers IPA
Flowers Original
Fuller's Discovery
Fuller's London Porter
Fuller's ESB
Fuller's London Pride
Gale's Butser Bitter
Gale's Festival Mild
Gale's HSB
Guinness Extra Stout
Harviestoun Ptarmigan
Highgate Mild
Holden's Black Country Mild
Hook Norton Hooky Bitter
Hook Norton Hooky Dark
Hook Norton Old Hooky
Hop Back Mild
Hop Back Summer Lightning
Hydes Dark Mild
Hydes Origingal Bitter
J.W. Lees Bitter
J.W. Lees Moonraker
Jennings Cocker Hoop
Jennings Cumberland Ale
Jennings Dark Mild
Marstons Burton Bitter
Marstons Pedigree
McMullen AK
McMullen Country Best Bitter
Moorhouses Pendle Witches Brew
Morland Old Speckled Hen
Ringwood Best Bitter
Ringwood Fortyniner
Ringwood Old Thumper
Ringwood XXXX Porter
Robinsons Old Stockport
Robinsons Old Tom
Ruddles Best
Sarah Hughes Dark Ruby Mild
Theakstons Best Bitter
Theakstons Old Peculier
Thwaites Dark Mild
Timothy Taylor Best Bitter
Timothy Taylord Landlord
Wadworth 6X
Wadworth JCB
Wadworth Old Father Timer
Worthington White Shield
Young's Special

Phew, no wonder nobody wanted to type that up. Ok I'm off to sit in the sun and have a Summer Lightning! I won't post the recipes as the book is new out and if you like the look of it then Amazon (finally) have it in stock and free delivery.

arturobandini said:
Robinsons Old Tom
Well that's my mind made up.

Any idea why it's cheaper on amazon than the camra members' price? Which reminds me it's renewal time for them as well. It's all going out at the moment!

ano said:
arturobandini said:
Robinsons Old Tom
Well that's my mind made up.

Any idea why it's cheaper on amazon than the camra members' price? Which reminds me it's renewal time for them as well. It's all going out at the moment!

Because they haven't got any!

Seriously, the amount of messing around Amazon have done with the book is ridiculous. Some of us were waiting months after the release date.

oo er. Didn't mean to start anything there heh. It says it's in stock now though. Anyway dwhahb :cheers:

Amazon did the same to me as to James. Pre-ordered without a hitch then got in touch saying temporarily out of stock as they pre-ordered exceeding supply. I cancelled my order with an appropriate amount of righteous indignation and forgot it. It wasn't until I sampled a friend's version of a recipe from the new edition that I went crawling back to Amazon. I signed up to their Amazon Prime service for a free trial service (£50 a year make sure to cancel the auto purchase option) which got it delivered next day with free postage.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was CAMRA not delivering the books to amazon tbh.

this is a great book and has the recipes at differing lengths 19, 23 and 25 litres. which is useful, lead me to writing an excel spreadsheet that converts recipes form any length to any length simple divide by times by thing as I use 40l generally.

I ordered this book on Wednesday evening with standard, free, 3 - 5 day delivery.

It's arrived.

I haven't opened the book yet but I can't fault the service.

Yes now they actually have the book it's business as usual as far as good delivery is concerned from Amazon.

Latest posts

Back