Monster freezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a monster freezer from freecycle. Without building a beer collar I can get 8 cornies in it. If I build a beer collar I will be able to get 10 in..... Yes 10 cornies...... :party:
Hmm this means Im going to have to fill 10 cornies :grin: ..... Hmmm :hmm: pass me the recipe book. I need to do some brewing...

Nice find Frisp - we expect some pic's - you know that dont you :grin:

Its a really old LEC 13.5 CuFt
Here are the pics. The cornies are empty at the mo but I will soon sort that out. :whistle:
Picture001.jpg
Picture002.jpg

Frisp, where did the cornies with the stainless handles come from? i've been chatting to a guy in China who reckons he makes them. I haven't seen them before

Wow Frisp :D

You're only on your third AG and you've already got all that and gone SHINY too (another post about nordic) :cool:

I got the stainless handled cornies in a job lot 4 conventional and the two steel handled ones for not a lot of Dosh all in need of some TLC and a refurb. The stainless handled ones are old Schweppes ones circa 1970 and dont have normal disconnects so they have been converted with open / closed taps and john guest fittings.

Freezer is proving a bit wild in its temp control. My ATC 800 is set at 10C and the freexer cuts out at 10C but it keeps plummeting down to 6C before climbing back up. WHat Im going to have to do is keep the cornies full of liquid whetehr it be ale or water and try to use the thermal sink of the fluid to steady things out a bit. With a bit of faffing I can get it near enough

As for being on 3rd AG and posessing 10 cornies and ordering shiney as I see it there are those who want to , there are those who think about it, there are those who do and those who say life is too short to feck around.. get in there.. JFDI (Just Fekin Do It)
I think I might be in the latter group.

Best life moto I have hear this week is. "If at first you dont suceed, Hide all trace of having tried" :lol:

I guess that puts me in the thinker band .. unless i'm feeling flsuh then its the feckit and go for it band :D

a friend whom was a salesman at a mercedes showroom once told me "if someone asks 'how much is that?' they can't afford it"

I think the same is true of this little hobby hehe I find myself eyeing up stainless conicals... and I question myself as to wether I can afford it... if i'm even asking that question then I don't bother... but then there are the drunken nights on ebay.. I won't say anymore cos i'm just as bad ;)

More liquid means a more stable temperature . . . . Add a fan (small 4 inch one) on the inside and that makes it even better

Latest posts

Back