Better Brew Premium 23l IPA Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was going to do if it wasn't for deciding to sell the house. I was going to go down the BIAB route. One big shiny pot, a grain bag, a thermometer and a domestic cooker!

You'll be able to do that for a lot less than a hundred quid and the best bit is you've then got the first of your collection of big shiny pots!

Still un decided about shiney or plastic, I have a spare plastic FV that I am thinking about using for the boiler, got additional motivation as the switch on out kettle has just packed up so it could be a perfect time to replace it and use the element (if it has one, need to check that...) and then get 2 cheap FVs 1 inside the other with holes in the bottom of the inside one and insulation & a tap on the external one for the mashtun & I think I will be done.

Writing that makes me realise I really dont need much to go to the dark side....

:rofl:

This is going to be one of those brews where soon you go, "WOW! That truly is the perfect pint.... Oh... none left..."

before you go a get corny (which are fab i hear) try bottling , best results are from bottles and the same brew in a keg will (9 out of 10) be better in a bottle , however corny kegs are far better than plastic kegs

Still waiting to get enough bottles, got it in a mate's plastic keg at the moment as mine had a slight techincal fault (no loss of beer though :D )

May get bottles in the near future though (already planning the next brew though and hopefully it will go in bottles, mey even do the same one again just to see the difference) I dont want sediment in the bottles is my issue as I like to drink from the bottle :)

If you want truly bottle drinkable sediment free bottles then things get tricky.

Even if you rack your beer off the yeast cake, cold crash it to get as much out of suspension as you can, you've still got millions of viable yeast cells per millilitre of beer.

Add a sugar prime to the bottle - they multiply again and you'll get sediment still.

To get a totally sediment free beer you need to either filter (serious kit required I think) the yeast out, or kill 'em off with a camden tablet(?), use a corny to force carb, then a beer gun bottling do-dah to bottle your now dead, but fizzy, beer...

Trouble with that is that it doesn't then continue to condition the same as there is no remaining living yeast to do stuff to whatever chemicals they do stuff to. The beer you bottle is the beer you'll drink.

Buy a THBF pint pot and enjoy your bottle conditioned beer from that!!! :thumb:

(PS. My order for said THBF pint pot will follow once I'm in the new house/brewery...)

Pearlfisher said:
I've just bought one of these kits and plan to brew it with a 1.5kg can of coopers LME when I get back from holiday next week.

Also going to try kegging it with Coopers brewing enhancer to see if it's any better than using ordinary sugar.

And the keg is empty :( - Should be getting bottles today & yesterday my brother ordered me another kit so I should be brewing it again very soon as i need to take it with me on the 1st June (in bottles this time) Leaving it a bit late I know....

Just found this thread via the search box. Interesting topic, I've just picked a Better Brew IPA up this morning. I've been waiting 3 weeks for another beer to be released & can't wait any longer so opted to try this one.
Unfortunately, I didn't read the instructions in the shop & didn't realize I needed brewing sugar! :oops: & after reading this I had to shoot down before she closed to pick some up.
I decided to go the whole hog & got some beer enhancer instead of the sugar. :grin:
Also, whilst on the whole hog spree, I got some hopped light spray malt for carbonation/conditioning. :cheers:
This will be going on this arvo & looking forward to it. :party:

BrotherMalice said:
I dont want sediment in the bottles is my issue as I like to drink from the bottle :)
My St. Peters IPA was bottled & threw a small sediment. When drunk early it would stir while pouring, 6 weeks on & it's settled quite solid & I no longer need to be that gentle when pouring. :thumb:
Right....
The Better Brew is ON :party: :party:
Mine dissolved ok, I left it soaking in hot water first. The yeast didn't mix too well but smelt lovely. :drink:

BrotherMalice said:
Got a delivery of about 40 bottles from a mate, brown glass 500ml was the request, of the 40, 9 fitted that description :( 2 were green and the rest were clear :(

If you have a few boxes, then it'll be fine... Store the bottles with the beer in them in the boxes, and no sunlight will get in, and so your beer will be fine :)

Latest posts

Back