What is the ideal conditioning temprature?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andyhull

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all,

After the beer (in bottles) has had it's 2 weeks in the warm what is the ideal temprature it should be stored at to condition and clear?

My last brew conditioned and carbonated great but was still hazy after 5 weeks.
Family members who were lucky enough tho get a sip said it tasted great but all of them commented on the clarity of the brew!

This time with my Nelsons Revenge i want to get a 100% thumbs up form them.

Andy

I have two fridges that are currently set at 8'c and 12'c. A single batch has been bottled and stored in both. The batch consisted of Coopers APA and Mexican cerveza.
They were both stored at 20'c prior to this and the ones stored at 12'c are clear and carbonated and better conditioned than the others after the same period.

Cool will help the clearing - and time :thumb:

I find the biggest influence on the clarity of my beers ( all AG ) is the yeast. S05 I always use finings, S04 and the Fullers yeast I have cultured drop like a stone once I put the beer into the kegerator at 12C

So i should be looking at around 8'c to 12'c then!

Thanks for that guys.

I am very fortunate in the fact that our understairs cupboard is at a constant temp of around 10'c no matter what time of the year so i will be conditioning in there :cheers:

Andy

Back