brewing woodfords wherry real ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanymc

Reaction score
hi my name is seanymc new to the forum got no experience on home breww at all need help :cheers:

hi thanks for that joey not sure how to get round this forum :oops: its been in the fermenter eight days and it is bubbling very slowly

thanks for that realy helpfull i haven't got atap on my fv should i put one on

a tap with little bottler attached will be very useful when it comes to bottling your brew, but its not too bad if your kegging the brew you can manage without.

Hello and welcome to the forum! Make sure you steralise everything that will come into contact with your brew well and you can't go far wrong :thumb:

Wherry is a top kit to start on, it makes an excellent brew...good luck! :cheers:

thanks will do got all my kit from wilko i did steralize it all but i dont think i stirred it long enough iv looked in side and it is still bubbling slow after eight days do my next one better i hope

I wouldnt worry about the instructions which say it will be ready in 7-10 days, that is wishful thinking on their part if you ask me. I would leave it at least 10-14 days to fully finish fermenting, do you have a hydrometer? If so did you take readings when you started the kit?

no i did not take a reading i took one sunday and it was 1045 that was six days later

Ok so just to get it right, its been in the FV for 6 days and it was at 1045 on Sunday? I would have hoped it would be lower than that by now...I would leave it another 3/4 days and then test again. Ideally you should be looking for it dropping to around 1012 or so which will be when you will be ready to keg :thumb:

i read the hydrometer wrong ,after six days the reading was 1014.......,just read again and it is 1012 :oops: ive never had to use one before. i did tast it and it is a tiny bit bitter but looking forward to kegging it do you think i should wait a bit longer thanks for your help :thumb:

I would leave it another couple of days, if you get the same reading 1012 again then it shuld be good to go in your keg :thumb: I would suggest priming with 100g of sugar dissolved in boiled water and then leave for a couple weeks and it should taster terrific :cheers:

will do :thumb: i have got some wilko beer finings .is it worth putting that in now and can you tell me what it actually does

if the beer looks relatively clear, chuck the fining's away
If the beer is relatively cloudy. chuck the fining's away and give it a few days longer....

:D

:cheers: looked in the fv some bubbles and cloudy....... smells ok as well, hoping to keg it sunday. it will have been in the fv for 14 day but i will wait till it clears :thumb:

hi :thumb: just a quick update ive put my brew in the keg it wasn,t clear but tasted ok....... gave it a blast of co2 and then let the air out after 5mins that was sunday. just a bit concerned that the keg is realy hard to the touch....... can anybody tell me if this is normal as ive never done this before and a bit concernd there maybe to much co2 inside the keg

:) just found out the co2 valve on my keg has a release valve after reading some of the posts on here :cheers:

Latest posts

Back