Making kits stronger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samnorfolk

Landlord.
Reaction score
How do i go about making a kit a slightly bit stronger....would it be just add less water??

It should do but you can just add more fermentables, DME Brew enhancer or plain old table sugar.
DME will help keep the body where as sugar wil makeit taste thin/watery!

Which kit is it?

I thought as much but wanted to check..so if you add extra sugar and less water is this going to increase abv as

its a YOungs definintive kit im guessing not adding extra sugar and going for DME would be better

am thinking off doing the Wherry kit next whats you view on that is the stuff in the box adequate to use

I've never added to a Wherry so can't say from personal experience but from what i have read the guys generally think the Wherry is best left alone.
Have you tried a Wherry yet?

i havent only from the pub! heard great things about it though so gonna give it a bash next i think!! :cheers: although any ideas where the best place to get bottles from would be??

I have done 2 Wherrys and the are fab just as they are, Just do one standard and see whet you think then change it if your not impressed.

You can get PETs from tesco 24 for just under £10
Other than that your local pubs chuck outs, just ask the landlord or staff!

Excellent as ive got the Youngs bitter in the pressure barrell which is conditioning so hopefully be ready in a few weeks..so could do with getting another on the go...be rude not too wouldnt it? :D

Latest posts

Back