SUMMERSWAP 2013 (BEER)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent mine to the courier this aft, it was crystal clear but after five minutes in the car it looked like ditch water!!!

I'd like to echo thanks to the organising team - looking forward to getting feedback and having the opportunity to appreciate someone else's brewing efforts :clap:

With the timescales I've landed up with less mature beers than I would have liked to swap so hopefully the recipients won't be too eager - maybe I should be putting plastic bottled samples away as a routine from now on :doh:

May Royal Mail and couriers across the country be diligent and careful with their precious cargo this month!

redhousebrewing said:
I'd like to echo thanks to the organising team - looking forward to getting feedback and having the opportunity to appreciate someone else's brewing efforts :clap:

With the timescales I've landed up with less mature beers than I would have liked to swap so hopefully the recipients won't be too eager - maybe I should be putting plastic bottled samples away as a routine from now on :doh:

May Royal Mail and couriers across the country be diligent and careful with their precious cargo this month!
That's a good tip RHB, I'm sure whoever gets yours will be fully appreciative of your efforts.
Everybody has restraints of one type or another, but if we can fix a calendar it will help those who wish to take part.

evanvine said:
redhousebrewing said:
maybe I should be putting plastic bottled samples away as a routine from now on
I don't exactly do that, but I do take a 500ml PET from each brew to monitor its clearing, wouldn't hurt to take another for possible bottle swaps! :thumb:
I started by using a 2 litre PET bottle to monitor clearing and carbonation - but don't get your hopes up as I stopped doing that a couple of brews ago :tongue:

Just posted mine and the lucky recipient should have it in the next few days if RM don't play too much football with it! Just managed to sneak it under the 1kg limit by 3g :)

Ticket 1A "Ginger Bite" just arrived safe and sound - now tucked up in the fridge for a few days to settle out :thumb:

Posted mine out today. £2.60 as a 2nd class small parcel. A good thing I have PET bottles.

Thanks to the organisers for all their hard work. Looking forward to trying my bottle when it arrives and getting feedback on my brew.

My two entries were delivered today via UPS 24 on strict instructions to keep upright, if they stuck to that instruction i do not know

My two were sent out today.
I have already received an APA that was expertly labelled :clap:
Just letting this clear for a few days.

Posted mine I was under the 1kg for a small parcel however as I didn't want the bottle breaking my packaging put it into the normal parcel size :-(

Can this thread be un stickied please mods?
Any further comments can be posted on the feedback thread.
Cheers KC :thumb:
35c and clear skies and free San Miguel; it could be worse :wha: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back