SUMMERSWAP 2013 (BEER)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12_zpse0adf541.jpeg

Three more beer entries in the last couple of days, and some more in the wines I hear! Well done them. :clap:

Keep 'em coming. :electric:

Msdean said:
Bit the bullet and entered

Well done Msdean :clap: Received and logged on the swap sheet!

Out of the 22 entries now in for the beer alone, 11 of you have yet to confirm at least one of these details:

-An individual name for your brew eg 'Bonkers Bitter'. Please keep the title anonymous, so not 'Brian's Bitter' etc...

-If it's not blindingly obvious from the title, then please confirm the type of brew, eg IPA, Bitter etc

-If you have any allergies or dietary requirements. A few have not stated anything: please actually confirm 'none' rather than just letting us assume so.

-Please also confirm (either way) if there are any unusual ingredients in your brew. If it's a kit, and you're not totally sure, just say 'kit'. Some have just said nothing: please confirm 'none'.

Please send a quick email to fill me in [email protected] , and it will avoid me having to follow up individually! Other than that, we're shaping up nicely.

Many thanks
MTW

For some reason, I've only just seen the thread so apologies for the late reply... can I just be clear, as I've only one brew that's at drinking stage and not a lot of it left, we are only posting one bottle of beer each? Or do we need a separate ticket if we're posting a second one of the same beer to a different person.

Or am I making this too complicated and need a drink to steady my brain?
:doh:

Grumpy Jack said:
For some reason, I've only just seen the thread so apologies for the late reply... can I just be clear, as I've only one brew that's at drinking stage and not a lot of it left, we are only posting one bottle of beer each? Or do we need a separate ticket if we're posting a second one of the same beer to a different person.

Or am I making this too complicated and need a drink to steady my brain?
:doh:

Ooh, now that hasn't come up yet. We've got at least one other entrant swapping two different brews, but not two of the same brew. I can't see any reason why not, but yes, you'll need two 'ticket' numbers and you'll be given the details of two separate swappers after the end of this month. Please clarify this in your email, listing the details I've asked for (see posts above) for both brews. You'll get auto-replies for now, but I will get back to you with two separate ticket numbers when the time comes.

By the way, now we are getting close... Anyone who's sent an entry: if you haven't received the automated reply, acknowledging your entry, then assume we haven't got it, and please get in touch again. :electric:

There are still 9 or 10 who need to confirm at least one of the details required - see my reminder above! :cheers:

Anyone who has already entered who needs to give any missing details has now been emailed - I think! Some have already responded - thanks :clap:

Any new entries would still be happily received.

It's a good time to get creative with some bottle labels if you haven't already. Don't wrap anything up yet, mind - you'll all need to write a 'ticket number' on your bottle (or on a slip if you like) before posting.

Cheers :cheers:

Just had a taste of the brew I was due to swap and it's not even close to ready. Luckily i have a stash of other types, would it be a problem to change style? I just haven't made my mind up which to swap, is it ok to let u know tomorrow?

Ps, sorry for the hassle :oops:

sdsratm said:
Just had a taste of the brew I was due to swap and it's not even close to ready. Luckily i have a stash of other types, would it be a problem to change style? I just haven't made my mind up which to swap, is it ok to let u know tomorrow?

Ps, sorry for the hassle :oops:

No problem at all! Just let me know so I can change the records. I'm pairing up swappers with similar beers, where possible, then randomly within that, so I will just shuffle things around slightly.

Latest posts

Back