"Cock Ale"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im watching this with great interest now. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. Just a thought, but you could you do the same with a leg of lamb? Or any other type of bone from meat? Or is it limited to foul?

Thinking about it. I have heard about some scrumpy being made and them throwing a whole ham in, and once the meat comes off, the cider is ready!

Dunno whether that is one for the tourists but there could be something in it... :hmm:

Keep it going TS :clap:

davesiv said:
hows it coming along TS
Funny you should ask ;)
This is how it looked at the end of fermentation
DSC00311.jpg

Gravity down to 1.010
DSC00312.jpg

Two gallons transferred to plastic demijohns to clear
DSC00313.jpg

The bag of bones and yeast cake
DSC00314-1.jpg

Some beer smelling chicken bones :lol:
DSC00315-1.jpg

Let us know when your DJs start going Cocka-a-doodle-doo in the mornings!

I cant believe you actually made that. You should be awarded the home brewing equivalent of the victoria cross.

Sir, I salute you! :thumb:

What I forgot to mention was that I had a little sample from the trial jar and although more than a little yeasty it tastes promising :thumb:

Really if you asked your local barmaid for that you'd get a slap!!!
Still nice though :thumb:

Here we are boys and girls, 16 bottles of "Sup My Cock"
DSC00316.jpg

It will be unleashed onto a (mainly) unsuspecting public at a party on the 19th Dec :grin:
I've had another taster from the fermenter whilst bottling and the vinous flavour of the wine is starting to show through :D
It is promising to be a very nice beer surprisingly :hmm:

Ok so it's only been in the bottle for 6 days but I had to know
DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

As you may be able to tell from the above picture it's not fully carbonated yet :(
There is a pleasant slight aroma of Sherry and liquorice :)
The taste I hope will develop, at the moment it is very sweet from the unconverted primings :(
There is some liquorice in the taste and the hop bitterness comes in very late :wha:

Let's see how it develops ;)
But on the plus side it's not toxic or nasty and it'll only improve :D

Latest posts

Back