Secret Santa 2013

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great idea!! I just hope I have a worthy beer to send by then :shock:

I am a fairly new brewer and entered the summer swap was a great experience I will be entering the Xmas swap too :-) can't wait

so its 1 bottle per entry? if so how do we go about multiple entries? just send another email? i would like to send a few or is that greedy?

JonnyD said:
so its 1 bottle per entry? if so how do we go about multiple entries? just send another email? i would like to send a few or is that greedy?

Can't see it as greedy, after all, you get what you give, pretty much :-)
I wonder if they have to be different beers or whether you can send out three bottles of your single best brew.

Algernon said:
JonnyD said:

Can't see it as greedy, after all, you get what you give, pretty much :-)
I wonder if they have to be different beers or whether you can send out three bottles of your single best brew.

In the last swap, we had both. There were a couple of multiple entries, one of which was two bottles of the same beer for two different recipients, to get two different views I guess. The other was two different beers.

You can just stick them in the same email to me if you like (address in KC's post at top), giving all the necessary details for each beer. :thumb:

Just received my order of plastic bottles from hop shop.
1 for the secret Santa, the others are for my Chinese uncles when mother in law goes back to Shenyang. They don't have much of a variety over there so I'm sending some samples and it's safer than glass, leaving from Norwich airport and my brief stint at baggage handling there years ago saw a lot of what goes on with your bag once it's left your sight!

:clap:

Well done you. Plastic is a safe bet.

30 beer bottles in the Summer Swap and not one breakage :cheers: Not sure how many were plastic, but just goes to show that there's no need to be put off by the idea of posting a bottle!

Also, a reminder on cost and packing. If (and it's your choice) you put some beer in a small bottle, around 275-330ml, glass or plastic, you should still be able to get a few layers of bubblewrap around it and get it into a 'standard' <8cm posting tube, which can be posted for under £3 with the Royal Mail. I got mine from Rymans and there's enough left for the Secret Santa, even without recycling the one I received from another swapper. :party:

I don't throw anything away that can be reused when it comes to packing, anyone who knows a carpet fitter should be able to get a very strong tube :thumb: .

Sure - but do check with your courier for the max dimensions in each price range. Royal Mail price finder for example.

With them, the price doubles :shock: if you go over 8cm diameter, but can be as little as £3 (at a quick glance) if you stay under.

Brilliant will get my entry in. Was planning on getting.my crimbo seasonal ale on in the next week or so, so.should be spot on timing.

Tip on bottles, pepsi sell in a 600ml plastic bottle, i would have thought perfect for this?

Latest posts

Back