Secret Santa 2013

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A reminder that the joining instructions are KC's third post on Page 1 of this thread! If he sees this and moves it into an edit on the OP, then please disregard.

Anyway... Entries 1st - 10th October please.

Quite a few early entries have already come in. I like your keenness. If you did jump the gun, don't worry - Assuming that you got the auto-reply, then I have your entry! You don't need to resend it. Everyone else, please keep it to 1st - 10th.

Cheers
MTW

morethanworts said:
A reminder that the joining instructions are KC's third post on Page 1 of this thread! If he sees this and moves it into an edit on the OP, then please disregard.

Anyway... Entries 1st - 10th October please.

Quite a few early entries have already come in. I like your keenness. If you did jump the gun, don't worry - Assuming that you got the auto-reply, then I have your entry! You don't need to resend it. Everyone else, please keep it to 1st - 10th.

Cheers
MTW
Sorted, joining instructions added to the OP (top of page one) :thumb:

kentmark said:
Tip on bottles, pepsi sell in a 600ml plastic bottle, i would have thought perfect for this?

Agreed - did this for 2 entries in the summer swap, they were perfect size to wrap in bubblewrap and then put in an 8cm od tube which is then small parcel by Royal Mail (£2.60/£3). Being clear PET rather than brown I kept them in a dark place though so the beer can't be affected by UV.

Looking forward to this - will send an entry in next week - should have 2 beers ready and having had a good period of conditioning :cheers:

Stuart

SECRET SANTA 2013 Now open for entries :clap: :cheers:

We're already past 12 swappers and I haven't scanned those for multiple bottles yet. Just booting up the Swapatron now.

Entries close in 10 days time to help us get the admin finalised. Please check the top post on page 1 of this thread and get your email in.

:thumb:

Really looking forward to this. I missed last years and the summer one it would seem!
Will be good to know if experienced brewers think my beer is as good as I do or if I am convincing myself that my horrible brew is ace!

I'm in for a couple of swaps
I also missed the summer swap and so looking forward to this one.

Was hoping to use a brew that I'll be bottling in a week or so for one of my swaps.
Will it be ok conditioning for so long in a plastic bottle?

I could use a later brew but don't want to send anything too green either.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts on this.

Wow... A brilliant response already... 22 of you have already got beer entries in , with quite a few swapping more than one bottle! That's not counting myself either.

I suspect we are already near the 30 bottles we swapped in the summer, so loads of tastings ahead of us.

:clap: :party: :clap:

Entered :-) looking forward to it already. Entered 2 bottles so all the more to taste :-)

A brilliant response, with just over 30 swappers (so far) and many more than that taking into account multiple bottle entries.

:cheers:

Just over a day left before entries close for the Secret Santa, and we start going through the emails to gather everything together - so still time to fire in an email (see top post).

If anyone has sent a question/query, rather than entry details, then I apologise if I've not replied yet. Please PM me and I will know it's a question rather than just another entry pinging through. Thanks.

OK...

Last day for swap entries please! Check KS's top post for details, but it's as simple as sending a brief email for now. We're up around 35 swappers in the beer, with quite a few multiple-bottle entries within those, exceeding our numbers in the Summer Swap.

:clap:

I'm a Newby, but i read the last swap thread and it sounded a lot of fun and everybody was very kind.

Apologies in advance, but in for a penny..

D

Latest posts

Back