Hi all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi007

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals if there are any lady brewers out there. Ive been brewing from kits for the last year or so and can honestly say ive survived almost solely on my home brew for the last year. I brew mainly beers and stouts for myself however have done one or two lagers, and copious amounts of wine from both kits and from scratch (country wines). I have just finished building a diy boiler and mash tun and will soon be building my wort chiller following which I will be embarking on my quest for the Holy grail of brewers. All grain!

Currently I have 23lt wilko's Newkie brown (PB), Hoppy Coppers (bottled), Stout (almost gone).
I have 10lt plum wine and 5lt blackberry wine waiting to be bottled and about 20lt alcoholic ginger beer brewing away. So that should keep me going until I'm up and running with all grain.

My aim is to be able to brew a beer similar to the Orkney Dark Island, I drank this on a very regular basis when I lived in Edinburgh almost 20 years ago but since moving back to Middlesbrough I just haven't been able to get hold of any.
Thanks for reading Wayne.

Latest posts

Back