How to you store your FVs when not in use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LavaChild

Reaction score
Hello!

Due to lack of room inside I will have to store my homebrew equipment in the garage when not in use. Sadly the garage is a little rough around the edges - Uneven floor (certainly enough to scratch soft plastic) and a bit drafty. I've got Really Useful boxes for bottles and will probably get some larger ones for equipment and cleaning gear. However, what about the stock pot, FV, etc. The wide neck fermenters don't stack (and I've read stacking bins is a bad idea anyway incase the inner bin scratches the inside of the outer bin). Is there anything out there to (a) protect the equipment from the ingress of dirt/dust, (b) enable them to be stacked easier?

The best I can find are some very large plastic boxes with lids, though these are not really cheap...

Unless I'm finding a problem that does not really exist them I'm sure somebody here has the solution! :)

Mine are just thrown in the shed on top of all of the other junk.

The insides are spotless though.

After washing and making sure the FV is clean I always put 2 Campden Tablets into the FV along with a few pints of water, this keeps the FV "sweet" and ready for use as required.

I do that with all of my DJs and larger water cooler bottles, but my plastic buckets, screw topped 30 litre fermenters and mash tun are just washed, dried and chucked wherever there is a vacant space.

mine live in the shed (damp and cold) after cleaning i leave a few sprays of fresh saniclean in each and make sure the lids are on tight. i always give them a clean and wash out before use anyway

Latest posts

Back