Beaverdale Blush

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan88

Reaction score
Hi all hope you're all well :)

So today I ordered my first Premium 30 Bottle Wine Making Set With Blush (Rosé) Ingredient Kit. I'm hoping to receive this in a couple of days.

I was wondering if there are any tips you guys could give me when making this home brew? I'm particularly interested in how to get a higher alcohol abv as I assume this will be a pretty standard 11(ish)% and any tips with degassing as iv read that this can be quite tricky and if not performed right greatly affects the end result.

Has anyone actually tried this kit before? It would be great to hear what you thought.

Thanks
Jordan x

Welcome to the forum.

There is a thread about making a degassing wand here http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=48971

Use the wand in forwards for a second or two then reverse for the same time, repeat this for a minute and it should be done.

My main tip would be to make the kit as it is then you could experiment with more sugar next time, if you mess about with this one you will never know how good/bad the standard kit is.

J88,
I got seven Muntons kits from Wilko's when they sold off
45 quid kits for under a tenner some time ago. The last
ones I have sterilized a Kg of Asda sultanas with a quick
bath of boiling water then thrown then in the 22,5 litres
Of juice. Using sterilized stuff, I fish out all the blown up
sultanas daily with a seive and squeeze them with a
potato ricer to extract all the sugar from them.
In theory this adds 700g sugar to the wine, raising it
from 11,5 to 12,9 %.

Can I just ask at what stage do you add the sultanas and how long until you start to take them out? It's a 28 day kit by the way x

Latest posts

Back