Stevie123s brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that Clibit i will try that one on sat morning, And many thanks to everyone for there input to really kind of everyone.
Regards Steve

Pale malt 3260g
Torrified Wheat 390g
Crystal Malt 275g
Black Malt 12g
Start of boil
challenger 17g
Progress 17g
Fuggle 8g
Last 15
goldings 14g
Yeast 05
Black Sheep recipe what do you think any thoughts on improvement ?
Regards Steve

Had a cheeky bottle of this today and i swear this one is getting worse:lol:

Its just very weak tasting may be not enough hops or maybe a change of hops would have been more suiting
Regards Steve

I don't get it tbh. Is it just hop blandness or is the malt lacking too? What beers do you normally drink?

Blandness / lack of flavour /hops i guess love most micro breweries ales as a rule. I love ales with plenty of taste and aroma my first biab was awsome for a first attempt the 2nd was a huge let down your recipe is getting there had a couple of trial jars as you do lol guess i jumped into the deep end with not reading enough understanding what grains and hops aswell as the types of yeasts do what i guess:hmm:
Regards Steve

Blandness / lack of flavour /hops i guess love most micro breweries ales as a rule. I love ales with plenty of taste and aroma my first biab was awsome for a first attempt the 2nd was a huge let down your recipe is getting there had a couple of trial jars as you do lol guess i jumped into the deep end with not reading enough understanding what grains and hops aswell as the types of yeasts do what i guess:hmm:
Regards Steve

Oh man, maybe it will get better with age. I have found that with age the really strong flavours mellow and allow some of the more subtle ones to come through. I wonder why it should be so weak on flavour.

Something may have gone wrong with your brew but it sounds like you favour strong tasting beers with plenty of hops, probably American hops. Name some commercial beers you really like.

Hi Clibit i like beers along the line of bombardier and hobgobin
Regards Steve

In that case the Black Sheep should really suit you I guess. is it nothing like Black Sheep?

Nothing like it 4 ag brews now and for some reason it tastes week looks very pale and the taste is awful cant get my head around why. Two brews have been quite good the latest recipe that was yours is looking very good so for still bubbling away still got to dry hop yet cant wait for this one
Regards Steve

Might have to put it down to experience. You'll get more consistent with practice.

Pretty happy with this one so far had a cheeky taste tasting good already time to add the 28g Amarillo dry hop #happydays:drink:

Pretty happy with this one so far had a cheeky taste tasting good already time to add the 28g Amarillo dry hop #happydays:drink:
Starting to think 3 days or more for dry hop, New brew on tomorrow so no rush with this one.

Wow ive got 1000 views do i get a free beer from the mods ?lol:D
Regards Steve

I'm still waiting for my gold clock from Austin, 964 posts and 64,070 views. :lol:

a222222222.png

There you go :wink:

Free%20Beer.jpg

w66OEKEXeEnAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back