Homebrew virgin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It started out as a money saving venture when I was skint, but now I mainly do it cos I can make beer that suits me perfectly, and I enjoy doing it

Yep, that's what keeps me at it. I'm totally with Clibit in that brewing your own beer is certainly the cheapest way to go if you want to drink top quality. If I just wanted to drink the cheapest possible beer (or any cheap alcohol I guess) then I'd either buy mega-packs of supermarket "lager" at about 50p a can - or, worse "white cider" that's probably never encountered an apple in its life!

For me, brewing has nothing to do with money saving (I used to charge £30 an hour as a consultant - that would make my beer hugely expensive :-o), so I tend to forget my own time input. As Clibit says, brewing gives you the opportunity to make beer that suits your own tastes, and with a bit of experience you can easily match the quality of most commercial beers. Plus, your tastes will gradually change over time. So you become trapped in the endless, but hugely enjoyable, cycle of tweaking your "perfect" beer recipes, so they'll become even more perfect :thumb:

For me it's like the Hotel California - you can never leave! Not only does your beer taste great (we'll gloss over the odd problem brew) but you always reckon the next one might be even better :smile:

Blimey Dave! Or should I say Davina......
You've not half changed :eek: I reckon swapping that cigar for a large glass of beer has had a profound effect, especially the way your shirt fits across your chest :grin:
You know, I'd swear it wasn't the same bloke.... but maybe I need to go to Specsavers :ugeek:

I know which one I would rather look at, and I have to say, she handles big jugs really rather well.....

:confused: ............

Whats going on with this forum lately lmao

@ManseMasher strange shopping lists and to many comments at been a lady

@Chippy_Tea and his new T shirt range

New members with big jug pics

@Clibit would you like to come out?

God i love this forum :rofl:

Lets share some group love.:grin:

transexual-beer-.jpg

Latest posts

Back