Hello from the North West!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, have you had any luck brewing hop heavy ipas in a small scale batch? I've read that there are issues getting the required bitterness with small water volumes (happy to restate my question in a correct subforum if required!)

There's no problem getting the bitterness. The only real issue is using large quantities of aroma hops in a small volume, as the hops will soak up a lot of beer. Pellets much less so than leaf hops.

There's no problem getting the bitterness. The only real issue is using large quantities of aroma hops in a small volume, as the hops will soak up a lot of beer. Pellets much less so than leaf hops.

Brill. That's good news as I'm quite keen on trying a hoppy ipa next time :D

Last edited:
Bay & rosemary ale turned out pretty well! Will brew this again I reckon.
24403971455_f91df6455f_o.jpg

Bay & rosemary ale turned out pretty well! Will brew this again I reckon.
24403971455_f91df6455f_o.jpg

I was very impressed with it. Subtle ginger taste, great colour and clarity. Didn't get any rosemary or bay flavour in isolation but a great taste overall. Would be interesting to see how it ages as the bottle you gave me was opened just shy of 2 weeks from bottling.

I might try something similar in a small test batch. Still envious of the label.

cheers! i think i spent more time searching online for oldschool typewriter fonts for the label than i did sourcing ingredients for the brew :)

Back