carrot and corriander wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brumbrew

Regular dufus
Reaction score
Reduced carrot wine

I've already got the parsnip wine going from the surplus of veggies at Christmas.

Here's my recipe

1.5kg carrots. Washed and chopped placed into a pan and boiled for an hour.

Handful of rasins or dried mixed fruit. (I used that on the parsnips) slices of Orange and lemon into a container. cover with boiling water.

I decided to add a tsp of corriander seeds to the boil as last year I made carrot and hop wine. And I've been reading that hops and corriander share some similar chemical flavanols .

Strained carrots. I kept the bag they came in so I could just plonk them in there.

Boiled for a further 30 mins with .5kg of sugar.

Took of this morning when was cool.

Let's find out :-)

The pan in the background is mead with some lemon slices. That came out 1.100

IMAG2146.jpg

IMAG2147.jpg

IMAG2149.jpg

That got to be one of the strangest recipes i have seen here, looking forward to hearing how it turns out.

As I say, last year I did carrot and hop. Some goldings left over from a brew so in it went as an experiment. Turned out quite well if not a little sharp.

Hoping for better results for this one as the addition of raisins and lemon

Will keep you posted.

Just racked and degassed this. Added the kwik clear, now just wait till Wednesday to bottle.

Tastes, wel like any carrot based wine I've made before, and thats, strong!

Haven't took a hydro because just tasting it I can say its .998 or near as dam it.

Corriander hasn't really left any aroma in there so I might pop a few whole seeds onto each bottle. It has however made the wine a little bitter on the finish.

I suppose because corriander is also part of the hops wider family. According to brewing elements book that is.

Anyway. Will post when it's clear on Wednesday. (Hopefully)

Tasted this just and its pretty nice. Nothing special and I forgot to put coriander seeds in the bottles.

Tastes/looks/smells like a strong dry white. Deffo one to remember for the future ;-)

I find it strange how things change during fermentation and ageing, tomato wine sounds disgusting (to me) yet its quite drinkable according to members that have been brave enough to make it.

Did u crack the corander seeds, dry fry or strat in as is
Been thinking of fermenting the water from steamed carrots etc

Sort of crushed them between two spoons, but didn't work very well. If I remember correctly a few flew out at high velocity

Back