Brewnight: Cherry and Apple WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
This is the plan for tonight, method to follow later :)

Cherry and Apple WOW Jan-16.JPG

ok dokey....

Started off with a big pan, dumped in the sugar, with 2L of the rgj, then boiled kettle and filled up a 1L measuring jug and 5 tea bags, leave for now

Poured rest of juices into FV, with the pectolase (5 tsp) dissolved in a cup of warm water

After 10 mins or so, once pan of rgj fairly hot, no so hot that I couldn't test it with my pinkie though, and sugar totally dissolved. Pour this into FV

Topped up to 25L with cold tap water and temp about 24deg... SG 1.100 (slightly less than my sheet claimed) then pitched about 4 tsp of youngs super wine yeast compound.

Est abv around 15% 😀

Lid on, bunged in the cupboard 😃

7202d3070d9d386a21264b19c13d72b3.jpg

Cracking on this one

Day 6 and SG already down from 1.100 to 1.035 😃😃😃

Down to 0.990 so racked tonight... fizzy bugger this one 😯

[ame]https://vimeo.com/155434975[/ame]

looks like it should be good, must take a while to degas that one though.

and i think twos too much is a great name haha

I always fill to the beginning of the shoulder and top up after racking so there is plenty of room for degassing.

True that...

In usually get away with it bit had a bit less sediment with this one so filled more of the 23L carboy. I start with 25L and usually lose a couple of L when racking

Probably my dodgy technique 😉

I made this one with the Don Simon red grape, it's clearing now and I can barely see through it, it's like a red wine!

I see what you mean about it being darker than the Asda one chippy !

I tend to just give mine a full 7 days after adding kwik clear now, this helped slightly with my sediment in bottle issue, and ideal when I can't see through it haha

I know what you mean, I used give it the bare minimum to clear too, it's a hard job keeping production in line with consumption 😯

Bottled 😃

Nice and clear (and dark!)

3ce8b99c5cfef7a3ea7d17026e34cc21.jpg

Managed to do a half decent job and only leave a wee bit in the carboy too

ecd99ede98335fcb1b2380a086e885a6.jpg

Tasting pretty good too ☺

My son tried a couple of glasses last night when he came home from work, he doesn't normally drink wine but said it was good, high praise as he normally just grunts whenever you ask him anything. :lol:

The Mrs had a litre of the stuff last night and she didn't seem too rough this morn, so not as rocket fuel'esq as I feared haha

(I've not tried a night on it yet 😉)

Latest posts

Back