Turbo cider time?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
hey everyone

does anyone know how long to keep a 12litre batch in the FV for? I pitched last Fri so its had a full week so far. bubbling stopped a couple of days ago give or take the odd one every five mins or so.

cheers

Check gravity, 2 readings a day apart the same and you're good to go..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

thanks. with beer I normally give it two weeks to save opening the FV for potential infection so just thought there was a time scale with cider too but I guess you can never be sure without readings.

do I have to add priming sugar? I was going for the flat style

If you want it flat, just bottle it fella. Secondary fermentation just creates the fizz. It'll need a while to mellow and mature, I've found 3 weeks is about right, but YMMV...

lovely cheers mate. do you keep the bottles in a dark warm place for a couple of weeks then one week room temp?

never done cider before I've heard light is ok? but could be wrong

I stick mine in a plastic box under the kitchen table for 10 days then in the fridge for a week before even thinking about drinking...

great thanks for your help. ill prob try a kit next time. can you recommend one and a company to order it from?

lovely cheers mate. do you keep the bottles in a dark warm place for a couple of weeks then one week room temp?

never done cider before I've heard light is ok? but could be wrong
Doesn't have to be in the warm after bottling if you're not priming it 😀

morning all

I'm reading a few threads on here about tannin. is it too late too add this on day 8? is there anything else I can add at this stage as it sounds like it will be thin and very dry.

cheers

Latest posts

Back