Apple & Mango WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wine is done! Just finished bottling now:

2016-07-12%2019.01.37.jpg

Chippy_Tea: because I have no idea what I'm doing!! I've only just started doing this, and I'm bound to make a lot of mistakes.

Chewie: Thanks for the advice about the torch. That gave me the confidence to go for bottling today.

The only thing I've forgotten is the glycerin. I'm hoping i won't miss it too much. I've just had a sip so far, and that was really very nice. Surprisingly subtle, delicate taste, considering all the fruit juice that went into the making of it. I'm looking forward to a session at some point. I'll take another photo of a glassfull once it's done.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

Glad it worked out, now you have the method nailed you can experiment with all the different juices the supermarket's have.

2016-07-12%2022.56.46.jpg

We had a bottle or two, purely for scientific purposes, of course! It's a really terrific wine, very delicate, but still definitely got a fantastic taste of fruit. In terms of feel, it's almost like a rose.

I added 200g of sugar before bottling, but even that was possibly a bit sweet for my taste. I might add just 100g next time.

for my next batches I'm thinking of doing:

* tinned mango pulp
* another WOW, but this time using white wine concentrate, rather than juice.

In case anyone's interested, the full recipe was:

2 ltr Morrison's Apple & Mango juice
1 ltr Tesco's purple grape juice
1 sachet wilko's wine yeast
1 tsp wilko's yeast nutrient
1 tsp wilko's pectolase
juice of 1 lemon
800g sugar
1 tsp wilko's wine tanin
2 ltr water

fermentation was just over a week. I racked & added a campden tablet & left for another day before adding:

* 1/2 tsp of young's stabilising powder.
* 1 tsp kielsol
* 1/2 tsp of kwik clear B (half an hour later)

left to clear in the fridge for 6 days (which was probably longer than needed) before syphoning into a jug. Added 200g of sugar & then bottled.

Latest posts

Back