Caramel cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muddlecombe

Reaction score
I am a big fan of adding stuff to brew kits. The other week i was clearing out our coffee area (bit posh eh? all of us are big coffee fans and have a gert big bean to coffee machines) any way I found a bottle of caramel coffee syrup and kerching the old brain went mmm caramel apple betty in the local foodie places and then of course the proper part of the brain kicked and went 'Caramel Cider' of course.
So i went and got down to my local brewing supplies. Dorset homebrew at Wimborne market (there's a plug if ever I seen one) who had A cider kit on special for 12quid some New Zealand stuff. Also at the market I picked up some beat up packs of apple juice 6litres for 2quid. CIDER brew off here I come.

All went well apart from me trying to work out how much sugar was in the syrup so I used the old equation S1+.5SU+LBFL.
I bottle of syrup + half of the stated amount of sugar + Little Bit For Luck:whistle:
I then bunged in the apple juice to give it a bit more depth and topped up to about 3 litres under with water, in with the yeast and away she goes.
It's been brewing for 12 days and is clear as anything. Had a quick taste mmmmmmm. Bottling tomorrow for a bit of fizz. Looking forward to it when summer finaly arrives.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back