Fresh Strawberry wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
After collecting a pityful bounty of summer fruit from the garden, I eventually got after freezing enough Strawberries 3lb (7lb, then 9lb by end of season last year) for some wine.

Had 600ml of purple grape juice left so, boiled (as had opened 5 days ago) and used to dissolve 1.220 kg of sugar in Dj. 2 tea bag cup of tea.

Blended the frozen strawberries, brought to boil and simmered and then into dj. Wish I had just cut them up as had to much in dj.

Cooled in cold water bath. Took og 1116 let it cool for another 2 hours took og 1200. Threw samples as needed fermentation room. Added nutrient, 1 tsp citric and 2 tsp pectolase and harris yeast (18%), wanted to use gv4 but that foams to much, so settled for the harris yeast.

Fermenting away.

I seriously want to try this out sometime soon. I might have to make do with Supermarket strawberries, though!

After collecting a pityful bounty of summer fruit from the garden, I eventually got after freezing enough Strawberries 3lb (7lb, then 9lb by end of season last year) for some wine.

Had 600ml of purple grape juice left so, boiled (as had opened 5 days ago) and used to dissolve 1.220 kg of sugar in Dj. 2 tea bag cup of tea.

Blended the frozen strawberries, brought to boil and simmered and then into dj. Wish I had just cut them up as had to much in dj.

Cooled in cold water bath. Took og 1116 let it cool for another 2 hours took og 1200. Threw samples as needed fermentation room. Added nutrient, 1 tsp citric and 2 tsp pectolase and harris yeast (18%), wanted to use gv4 but that foams to much, so settled for the harris yeast.

Fermenting away.

Did you use all the strawberries 19lb in one demijohn

Taken off the pulp, reading sg of 1.000, so another week or so tastes nice now.

Stopped ferment at 0.996, camden and k.sorbate, bottled good tasting wine :thumb:

Used finnings. Was starting to clear but needed dj for the september fruits rush.

Latest posts

Back