Peach Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
For 59p a kilo grabbed 2kg of peaches in Lidls.

1kg stoned peaches
250g Sultanas ( which I didn't use)
1kg Sugar
2 tsp pectolase
1.5 tsp citric
2 tea bags
1 tsp nutrient
Harris yeast (rated 18%)

OG at least 1130, was over 20c, recipe didn't require sultanas or grape juice, got so used chucking in sultanas in white type wines, which has driven up sg more than I wanted. Orginal recipe had 675g of peach & 1.2 kg of sugar, thought leave the 200g sugar and put the extra peach in, then promptly forgot and added the sultanas on autopilot as it were, to late now. Blended sultanas with boiling water, stood for 15 mins in boiling water before blending, then into dj over sugar and dissolved with boiling water top up. Blended peaches then brought to boil and simmered and into dj. Cooled in water bath. Then added nutrient, citric, tea and finally yeast. Anyway fermenting away.

Might do another batch with 675g of peach with no sultanas.

Did another batch just now, cooling but used differnt method without sultanas.

720g stoned peaches, sliced into 1/16 th's covered with boiling water and brought to boil. simmered and mashed with fork. (noticed that the peach smell was greater than yesterdays method and the water changed to a nice pink.)
1 kg sugar
2 tea bags.
2 tsp pectolase
1 tsp nutrient
1 tsp citric acid
Harris Yeast (18% rated)

This should have a lower sg, just taken sg. 1.114.

Taken the must out of the 1kg peach with sultanas, not bothered by losing a lot of sugar don't want 17% peach wine. Will take the other off the must later, 4 days is fine for peach.

It sounds more like schnapps to me, Tau, Ha ha ha,
I've noticed you seem to like stronger wines, I've seen quite a few of your recipes that are well over 1.100, I used to when I was younger but I rarely use much more than 1kg of sugar per gallon these days anything over 1.090 and I dilute it back to 1.085.

When young I didn't like strong, but now pushing 50 prefer one bottle rather than opening two. Although it's more working out some recipes that have too much sugar in them and trying to balance fruit/grape and sugar balance which often doesn't workout in producing low abv wines. Prefer lower abv in white, higher 14% plus in reds. Meads and that xmas drinks that are sweeter and might be left opened for longer then I do aim for 15 plus or more so they wont go off so quick.

Racked 1st batch at 0.992 and was too high in citric and the 2nd batch, peaches wern't soft enough and were still high in citric, so add 2tsp of chalk to reduce a bit. Will let them fermet out and leave for a while before bottled as cant drink enough to make room :lol:

Latest posts

Back