The crossmyloof brewery yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MyQul was looking for Tapatalk thread regarding forum time which has been mentioned a few times as when I checked the forum website desktop version the notification listing is an hour behind GMT but spot on on my phone real time as can be seen from our conversations.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Not posting photo previous post.
07ebe1e0aa26114d924b61e66192fe3c.jpg

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Just checked on my part mash American wheat that's carbonation in a dark cupboard brewed with CML krystalweisen yeast...it's dropping quite clear...

Did a Punk IPA clone with the pale ale yeast and tempts hit up to 24 during active fermentation. Another IPA i did at the same time has no noticeable off flavours although the hops are very muted considering how much i used. Probably down to the temp they were added at though. Should take better notes but its encouraging.

I do like the fact you can just order a few things, such as hops you're short of for a brew, without having to pay postage. 100g of hops plus the postage from most other places makes it prohibitively expensive.

Did a Punk IPA clone with the pale ale yeast and tempts hit up to 24 during active fermentation. Another IPA i did at the same time has no noticeable off flavours although the hops are very muted considering how much i used. Probably down to the temp they were added at though. Should take better notes but its encouraging.

Perhaps when a beer ferments at those temps, the ferociuos fermentation drives off hop flaour and aroma. My recent experiment with notty at warm temps has the same thing, the hops are very muted for the amount I put in

...not planning a half pint batch on your 1940's original camping stove bought at a hipster shop for £500 ,are you M?...be ideal 10g of maris otter!

Perhaps when a beer ferments at those temps, the ferociuos fermentation drives off hop flaour and aroma. My recent experiment with notty at warm temps has the same thing, the hops are very muted for the amount I put in

I had another one last night and its fine. Perhaps not as hoppy as i was expecting but i did use a different hop bill. I should really record if i chill to 80c or do a hopstand as i think it makes quite a lot of difference. I have a citra pale ale i am about to bottle so will report back when i do.

Also i have had to dry hop when its in the 20's which seems to make a lot of difference. Brewdog recommend 14c which i what i was roughly doing it at before the warmer weather.

Last edited:
I had another one last night and its fine. Perhaps not as hoppy as i was expecting but i did use a different hop bill. I should really record if i chill to 80c or do a hopstand as i think it makes quite a lot of difference. I have a citra pale ale i am about to bottle so will report back when i do.

Also i have had to dry hop when its in the 20's which seems to make a lot of difference. Brewdog recommend 14c which i what i was roughly doing it at before the warmer weather.

I'm going to be doing a lager/ale hybrid thingy next week. Because the notty seems to mute the hops for some reason I'm going to add the flavour/aroma hops as a hop tea (and also add a dry hop)

Latest posts

Back