Just starting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy days. I'm from Northern Ireland you?

just outside Belfast mate :thumb::)

If you are near Belfast call into Natures way/house of home brew. Their stock and more importantly advice is superb - as well as nice people!

Just read up on it. If you're using it to sterilize, then it has to sit for 24 hours. If you're using it to remove chlorine and stuff, then it has to be used in the HLT before mashing.

Well that's a relief. Looks like they tolerate high temps.
Saying that the main reason I used them has been shot down and beaten to a pulp. Nevermind. The trepidation continues

Chlorine will boil off but chlorides won't. Recently chlorides are used in water. I used a campden tab for the first time last week. I really never had an issue with my water but thought I'd give it a try.

i recently bought some as well but never used em as not had any real off tastes with my cider or beers

i recently bought some as well but never used em as not had any real off tastes with my cider or beers

Me either but I just tried one (but looks like I did it wrong) to see if it tastes different. Some said that mashing after using them was better. I'll see tomorrow when I brew another. Got too many FV and mini kegs (mini sanke) empty! NIGHTMARE!!

Me either but I just tried one (but looks like I did it wrong) to see if it tastes different. Some said that mashing after using them was better. I'll see tomorrow when I brew another. Got too many FV and mini kegs (mini sanke) empty! NIGHTMARE!!

its upsetting when you go past wht should be a bubbling brew !

They are really nice and that's where I got my gear from so I'll give her a call. Do you do bottle swaps there? Or go to their meets at the church?

They are really nice and that's where I got my gear from so I'll give her a call. Do you do bottle swaps there? Or go to their meets at the church?

Funnily enough I didn't even know that they did bottles swaps until this week! I was going to send in a bottle of my WOW wine when it is finished.

I haven't got to the club meeting before but have been tempted.

Welcome!
I think a few folks use bottled water from the supermarkets. Around �£1 for 5L. That's what Im planning for my next brew...

17p for 2 litres which is under 43p for 5 litres - chase spring in lidl or tescos :grin:

our tap water is naff. they've been adding chloromine for ages now.

at least there's no fluoride in it :lol:

(puts tin hat on and ducks!)

Back