advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnyp

Reaction score
hi guys and gals...just a bit of advice please I have got my first biab fermenting at the moment (clitbits 5 ltr first time try) just made a hop tea gona leave it for another 4/5 days before bottling....I am thinking of doing another quick brew day......so my thoughts are I have a kilo of maris otter leftover from my biab about 50 grams cascade hops I was thinking of buying a coopers ipa from wilco and combining to two..the wilco kit says to add brewing sugar...would the kg of maris otter legate this or not??I have also got 500grams of light spraymalt.....any thoughts from the "experts" would be welcome......ps I am just drinking my first effort a woodfordes wheery..I have left it alone for nearly 10 weeks and I must say I are well impressed.....

I assume the Cooper's kit is 1.8 kg. with your spray malt and the maris otter ... you'll probably hit an OG of around 1040 ... go for it !

well impressed with yer brew list........
Thanks ... I bought a 5 kilo bag of Goldings in September, so I have been going for it ... vintage IPA's ... trouble is, that bag of hops got a bit old and I think the last brew will probably get turned into slug bait ... there is some cheese going on in it somewhere.

and during the winter months, lager brews for the summer. My brewery gets up to 27°C in the summer so that makes brewing a little harder, despite the brew fridge.

Latest posts

Back