My Twin IC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here It is built by my own fair hands. A Twin IC for a 60L boiler. Its 10mm x 10M
Im Chuffed to bits. I did nick someone else's design though
Picture045.jpg

Thats excellent work :clap:

I dread to think what it would have looked like if I'd have done it :oops:

Nice work there Frisp,
Looks like I've got to go on a trip down to Wicks now at the weekend. Come here my IC wheres my pipe cutter :twisted:

heh i was thinking of putting my current bought IC in serial with all the microbore i bought to test out bottle cleaner designs... now i'm thinking of making one of these ;)

off down to wickes to buy another 10 meters methinks tomorrow hehe

It was Ok . Just make sure that you coil from the bottom of the cornie and when you get to the last foot of 18 inches of uncoiled tube, then bend that back toward the start on the OUTSIDE of the coil. Its at this point you should note you have coiled it upside down. So whip it off the cornie and invert it. The join will now be at the top

I hope that makes some kind of sense

BrewStew said:
did you fill the pipe full of sand before bending it or was it ok?

Where's the 'fill the pipe full of sand' come from? What a performance that would be.

filling piping with sand helps to stop it kinking when bending it at sharp angles ;)

Says who? I've plumbed four houses completely-from scratch and re-fitted another 8. I was corgi registered and used to be a property developer till Sarah 'Giant ****' Beanie told everyone it was easy. :x Stupid Cow. :evil:

I can't see how your going to fill the pipe with sand, do your thang and then empty the sand out? How would you know that the sand is evenly packed around the area you wish to bend for starters? When you've finished you'll need to blast the sand out. I wrapped 10m of 10mm copper pipe round a scuba cylinder without so much as even hassling the copper let alone kinking it. :lol:

Ignore the sand thing-it's an old wives tale. ;) And if you think about it-can you recall seeing plumbers pouring sand down a pipe before they abuse it with their pipe benders? :?: :?: :?:

okeydoke then :lol:

i think i got the advice from "another" brewing forum as a tip for making sharp bends when you dont have pipe benders to hand.

yep, clear as Vossy's beer

hey :nono: :lol:

If were talking bending copper pipe for an IC it can be done easily as MEB says. I've bent a coil 4" in diameter, but I was approaching the limits of manually bending the tube, tighter coils would require bending equipment.

Whats clear beer? :lol:

My beer never gets the chance to clear-i've drunk it all before that clearing thing happens. It gets ten days to clear in the FV and if it hasn't done it by then with all the threats and abuse then i don't know what will work. :lol:

heh as a matter of fact I have, compression fittings too, but it would probably cost more than they're worth to post them as they are quite heavy for what they are

Latest posts

Back