Juneberry Melomel 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Started this on 6.8.17

150g of ripe juneberries
3lb of honey
half tsp of citric and pectolase
2 tsp of wilko yeast nutrient
2 tea bag tea
gv4 yeast

Berries crushed simmered and strained into warm honey after skimming of protein/wax foam of honey in pan.

Decided to keep the abv down to speed up fermentation and keep nutrient use down. Looking like it's near complete, will cheack when get chance.

Racked onto camden today, sg 0.993, with an estimated og of 1095 maybe a little higher gives 13.4% thats fine by me. Nice and clear didn't taste, but smelt good.

Are you growing Juneberries/Saskatoons in the UK or are you based in North America?

Are you growing Juneberries/Saskatoons in the UK or are you based in North America?
Growing in the UK. They are very hardy and even love the wet patch :UKflag:

Tried to germinate some from seed this spring. Despite having the seeds in slightly damp compost in the fridge for a couple of moths before planting, I've had a zero percentage germination rate.
Looks like I'll be trying to source propagated plants next winter.

I may have spoken too soon. Unless it' random seeds in the compost I appear to have signs of germination of both my Saskatoons and Pineapple Guava.

Latest posts

Back