Need advice please..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1981

Regular.
Reaction score
Hello peeps, I bought a cider kit from my local HBS a few weeks back. I put it in the fv two weeks ago today, OG 1060. The airlock has been bubbling very consistantly since. I checked the reading on thursday and it was at 1008. checked today as the bubbles aint easing up and its at 1002. Is this ok for it to get so low, bearing in mind its been 2 weeks? or is there anything i can do to stop it fermenting?

Any advice would be grateful :thumb:

That gravity sounds fine to me, it's medium and may be heading towards dryness, Does your kit indicate a finishing gravity?

If you stop fermentation you won't be able to bottle/keg and prime to get a fizz. If it finishes too dry for your tastes you can add a non-fermentable sweetener like Splenda.

Its perfectly normal when the airlocks finished bubbling you should get around 1000 on your hydrometer and your cider should be somewhere around 6%abv it needs transferring to another fv for about a week thet you can bottle it :D

Cheers for the replies guys. Yea It said FG approx 1006 but i did add a little more sugar with a litre of apple juice as the HBS recommended this.

Latest posts

Back