blackberry 2017 finally

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Picked 1.75kg of blackerries over the weekend, usuually have a couple gallons on the go by now so had to catch the backend of the season hopefully will get some more in the week.

Washed, soaked with a camden overnight, strained and boiling water over and crushed and simmered for a few min's and strained into dj onto previously disolved sugar and tannin.

1 dj
1.75kg blackberries
1 kg sugar
1 tsp tannin powder
1 ltr of red grape juice
1 tsp of citric, yeast nutrient and pectolase.
GV4 used.

Is this a tried and tested one Tau?

I have about 6kg of these in the freezer and fancied putting on a couple of gallons. Would have done it today but out of pecto and they had none locally.

Yes tried and tested, in an ideal world and if the blackberries are good quality been sulpinated then just boiling water over would be fine, no need to simmer as long as I do. The GV4 yeast takes the wine longer to become drinkable, the harris yeast strips body but becomes drinkable sooner.

Knocked another batch last night.

1.6 kg of Blackberries
1020g sugar
1 ltr rgj
1 tsp of tannin, pectolase and cirtic acid.
1/2 tsp of wilko yeast nutriet.
GV4 yeast used and fermenting away.

Racked both dj's for first time onto camden. Both clearing nicely, taste quiet nice already. I'll leave for a week or two before adding finings.

Latest posts

Back