Tap identification

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spog

Reaction score
G,day all.
So I need help identifying this beer tap for my kegerator build, now I’ve contacted every manufacturer/ supplier here in Oz that i can think of, also Krome in Italy but no luck.
It was suggested the tap looks “English “ so any ideas ?
It has no markings of any kind on it.
Double pic post...bugga.

6101E819-F2E2-42FE-A350-6BA06781C2E8.jpg

4B992C39-19BE-4652-8E5F-30F48221561F.jpg

beyond suggesting its a dalex style tap cant help im afraid. after my own fruitless search for a replacement nitryle rubber? plunder seal i would suggest that perhaps if its custom seals have gone, replacement may be the easiest solution.. there is the moldable silicone rubber product ?sugru? if your feeling desperate?
everything else should be replaceable with standard off the shelf parts (orings jg fitting etc..)

beyond suggesting its a dalex style tap cant help im afraid. after my own fruitless search for a replacement nitryle rubber? plunder seal i would suggest that perhaps if its custom seals have gone, replacement may be the easiest solution.. there is the moldable silicone rubber product ?sugru? if your feeling desperate?
everything else should be replaceable with standard off the shelf parts (orings jg fitting etc..)

Yeah I might have to make my own to suit.
Given it’s possible age I tried contacting the National Brewery Museum in Burton on Trent ? but my Emails bounce back saying it’s an invalid address.
I’m thinking I’ll try to find similar parts from schematics from similar taps and hopefully find some that fit.
Cheers, spog.

Yeah I might have to make my own to suit.
Given it’s possible age I tried contacting the National Brewery Museum in Burton on Trent ? but my Emails bounce back saying it’s an invalid address.
I’m thinking I’ll try to find similar parts from schematics from similar taps and hopefully find some that fit.
Cheers, spog.
The National Brewery Centre in Burton have a contact page here
http://www.nationalbrewerycentre.co.uk/contact

wikipedia's page on bsp threads has a nice table that will help you ID bsp threads with a basic caliper, or a ruler, bit of string and a calculator in a pinch, i would guess the pages for other thread specs would contain similar tables too.
(iirc upto 1 1/2" BSP/NTP threads are compatible with a wrap of ptfe

Latest posts

Back