Is this for real?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it all looks very nice but for that kind of money I'd want it to brew a lot more than 40 pints, have temperature controlled fermentation, a very nice kegerator with a dozen cornies and two drop dead gorgeous virgin barmaids to serve it!
...well they'd start off as virgins.

Having spent 3 hrs tonight bottling a brew, I could do with the "built in cleaning programme Auto Clean" to do the bottles for me :D

I suppose there are mugs out there that will buy this :lol:

Problem is you can only use it while "watching TV, reading a magazine or a book", so it's flawed right off the bat...

Have you watched the video? You can clearly see the mash BOILING. Self cleaning my (*), the picture makes it look like it all happens automatically in one vessel. Very dubious, make your own.
James May used one of these on the 'drink of England' show, well, he pretended to use it.

According to their website.

"Mashing starts and is controlled automatically by the machine controller of the BrauEule. Stirring is done through bubbles. "

So this would explain why the mash looks like it's boiling. However, why would you need to stir the mash?

Ollie

Actually The BRUMAS system is pretty damned good for what it is. adn 1800 quid id not a bad price for a ready to use require no work stainless steel and copper 'boutique' brewery. . . Unfortunately for that money you could have a much larger stainless one, with attendant issues (Cleaning etc)

What I feel lets it down, is the fact that it appears to only work with the 'mash kits', this wasn't the case when it was originally sold. . . and anyone with a bit of knowledge could create their own mash kits once you had bought a couple.

Im sure James May used one of these a few years back on the Oz and James Drink To Britain program, or whatever its name was.

For that money I would want a glass carboy, little bottler and a load of high quality swing top bottles PLUS replacement rubber grommets AND the secret recipe book of Germany's top 100 brewers. My German is pretty bad, but from watching the video it seems like the brewer is over priced for what it is and once you have created the wort then your EXACTLY in the same place as the £14 Youngs starter kits. Plus, as we all know, brewing is not just the process of wort creation, but the craft of the whole process.

Kyral210 said:
For that money I would want a glass carboy, little bottler and a load of high quality swing top bottles PLUS replacement rubber grommets AND the secret recipe book of Germany's top 100 brewers. My German is pretty bad, but from watching the video it seems like the brewer is over priced for what it is and once you have created the wort then your EXACTLY in the same place as the £14 Youngs starter kits. Plus, as we all know, brewing is not just the process of wort creation, but the craft of the whole process.

Actually brewing is the process of wort creation,

The Age old saying is
"Brewers make the Wort The Yeast Make the Beer"

We can control what the yeast do if we are clever and meticulous with our methods, but the stubborn little yeasties are always ready to try you out when you least expect it no matter how good a brewer you are.

James may did use one of these, in the TV program, they didn't show much coverage of it though, for a piece of german engineering the price isn't bad even if the brewlength isn't too good. Its a quality micro controlled piece of kit with a steam generator attached by the looks of it.

UP

lukesharpe said:
According to their website.

"Mashing starts and is controlled automatically by the machine controller of the BrauEule. Stirring is done through bubbles. "

So this would explain why the mash looks like it's boiling. However, why would you need to stir the mash?

Ollie

If you look at most commercial systems the mash is constantly stirred.

Stirring promotes a homogenous mash, well mixed and no hot spots in the mash ( an even temperature across the complete mash), The HERMS or RIMS home brewed mash systems fulfil a similar purpose.

UP

Latest posts

Back