Ginger Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llannige

Landlord.
Reaction score
1st attempt at wine making.So started with an easy one.

4.5L Water
1.4Kg Sugar
1 Lemon-zest and juice
1 tsb fresh yeast
200g raisins
170g ginger
75ml Brandy.

Everything went well. :D Can't wait to try it. :thumb:

Been patient with this and finally bottled this morning.

14.1% and it's got quite a kick to it. :grin: I will leave it for a few more months now,maybe try some at xmas.

Well chuffed with my 1st effort. :party:

mmm, I've been thinking about making ginger wine and/or ginger beer since I have been given some demijohns
Excuse my ignorance but why brandy? Added at the end or beginning?
Also is the ginger fresh or ground?

I'm sorry I haven't a clue re. brandy,whilst looking through various recipes not all included brandy.As I've always got a tidy brandy indoors(I loves a good brandy) I added this recommended amount after 14 days.
The ginger was fresh and grated. :thumb:

Now I'm not one for the wine myself.But mrs ll and I had a couple of glasses of this last night,coming in from the cold she thought it would be a good ideal.
It definitely hits the spot and soon we felt that warm glow.She had to have another,whilst I cracked open another Rosie Rosie.

This was my first ever attempt at a wine and am well chuffed with the results. :grin:

Will defo get another one of these on the go early in the new year so that it will be ready for next xmas. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back