Cheap & Simple Tropical Punch - A BBQ MUST

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Jeepster

Reaction score
Sounds good think I'll give this one a try. 1 question though, does it keep well as it is only 4%, I read somewhere that anything under 10% won't keep long. I thought I could make a batch for summer (here's hoping!) but I don't want to made it too strong or everyone will be barrelled!

I've never had any problems storing any of my brews and never hurd of them going anything but better with age. Storin them in a cool dark place should be fine but to be honest this doesn't sit around long in my house before I'm having to make another batch...

Today I will be bottling a summer fruits, a strawberry & kiwi and a apple with real apple juice! The strawberry and kiwi has gone bubble gum pink I'm looking forward to "testing" it!

Has anyone tried a version of these using the double concentrate robinsons juice??

No I haven't but was thinking of doing either the orange or orange and pineapple.

The double concentrate orange tastes much nicer to me in the soda stream fizzed up than the normal orange so maybe it would make a nicer alcopop to,

What makes you ask have you anything inpaticual in mind?
I would guess u would read the bottle and find out how much concentrate for 1L and times it by five to make a demijohn full and then add an extra splash for good measure.

Feel free to post ur recipe if you do give it a go and let us know how it turns out! :cheers:

Might have to give this one a go in a few weeks :D when I have got a bit more space :lol:

I bought a bottle today of peach to make this brew because they are offer at morrisons for £1
Hope it goes well for you!

tried the summer fruit one, initial taste is really nice, definitely making more as soon as i buy more flavours (and get more bottles to store it :P )

Also bought a couple of bottles today for £1 each, thanks for the heads up! Hopefully get this going tomorrow :D

I'm glad you're enjoying it, yes summer fruits makes a nice brew!

Just a tip...
I've found that if u soak the empty robisons bottles in some water for a few mins the labels come right off nice and while wet will stick (temporary) nicely without any fuss or mess to ur demijohn this comes in handy when doing brews that might be the same colour but are totally different taste like peach / orange or strawberry & cream / strawberry kiwi and come off nicely when u wash the demijohn!

Bottled this today! The sample I tried tasted great :cheers:

just bottled mine to, my sample taste was bloomin good, so much so that i had another

Very good! i tried the lemon one as a cheap hooch recipe but it was very watery after the fermentation, but tasted good before hand :p

Put another summer fruits on, aswell as the tropical and another lemon.

I'm going to give this a go. I think the Mrs will enjoy this. And me obviously... :grin:

Got one I hope to get going next week then will get a few more flavours on the go. Just want a nice summer to have it now

Yep you got it! The sugar free versions have none fermentable sweetners in at just the right levels so there in no artificial after taste!

Have just bottled peach it looks good so far but haven't tasted it yet :D

Also just bottled today, strawberry & kiwi :D

I tried the tropical drink that has been bottled for a week and it was completely flat, bottle didn't feel firm either though so probably a bit too cold? Hopefully another week will sort it! Even though it was flat it tasted superb :cheers:

Yeah the cold will make it longer before carbonation, I have been uping the priming sugar to 50g to make it go faster during cold periods but will wait to see how that comes out before editing the original post!

I'm glad you still enjoyed it! It's one of the reasons I love this brew its so simple no messing and still turns out good!

The missus isn't fond of ale, but she's a massive fan of those fruity ciders like Rekorderlig & St. Heliers, I told her about this and she's interesting in doing some, but doesnt want to buy any brewing equipment.
Would it be possible to ferment this in a large emptied plastic water bottle, and bottle it into some similar thing like empty bottles of sparkling water etc?

EDIT: I'm not being tight and not letting her borrow my stuff - she lives in Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back