Rhubarb Wine problem - cannot taste the Rhubarb- Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoken

Reaction score
Hello

I tasted the Rhubarb wine today its been a good 3 weeks since brewday and and 10 days since any ferm action so thought lets have a taster see whats it like just in case I need to sweeten it but found another problem - I couldnt taste the Rhubarb at all maybe a very faint taste but you couldnt tell it was rhubarb if you took a good mouthful of it - I tried a cold glass as well thought the coldness might bring the flavour to the front a bit but no - no change :( even though it was only a 1 gallon brew with around 1.9kg of rhubarb used.

Could anyone suggest a flavour that I could bung in the dj to give the brew a flavour as as it stands I have a dj of pink juice with not alot else going for it

big thanks in advance

Ken

Ginger is the classic taste partner for rhubarb (if ever you make rhubarb fool, add some finely chopped crystallised ginger - it's divine!) and Vanilla should also work well. Split open a pod lengthways and drop into the DJ.

Back