Bottling bucket and tips

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can recommend a bottling bucket and wand, or provide some tips and techniques to help me out with bottling.

The bucket I have now has a rigid bottling wand and the tap is at about 4-5 litres up in the bucket. This means that when we drop to less than 5 litres my friend has to tip the bucket towards him to allow more beer to come out of the tap. Not ideal!

Just wondering if I am missing something? Can anyone recommend anything that will assist with this and make it easier? Whether its another bucket or wand, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Andy

you can fit a little bottler/wand to a syphon tube and use it that way. i've used this method in the past and it works well.

+1

Its' how I bottle from the bottling bucket. Don' t forget to get the sediment trap/cane. Also make sure you get the red clip to hold the cane or use a peg as this stops the cane moving around and stirring up sediment

That's how I do it too, I make an adjustment or two while bottling a full brew, but by and large it's very quick with the wand like this. The other option is using some wood, make a tilter platform - flat to start with and then tilted when you get low. It would be two FV wide pieces of MDF or PLY with a door hinge on one edge and a block of wood to support a 'tilt' enough to get the rest out. A strip of wood across the hinge end to stop the FV slipping and you'd be away.

you can fit a little bottler/wand to a syphon tube and use it that way. i've used this method in the past and it works well.

Hi does anyone know if you can detach the wand from Youngs little bottler complete so that you can fit the little bottler to a siphon tube as described above or is it a single piece attached to the tap- regards Robbie

Latest posts

Back