Cascade single hop

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirsultankhan

Landlord.
Reaction score
Managed to get enough botlles to clear FV1, now trying this. Have heard some good things about Cascade, first time trying it.

American Pale Ale - cascade single hop.

Size 21 litres

OG 1052
FG 1013
ABV 5.1
IBU 40.52

4.7 Kgs MO Pale malt
235g Dextrin Malt

cascade 40g 60 min (AA 6.3)
cascade 20g 15min (AA 6.3)
cascade 20g 5min (AA 6.3)
cascade 20 g 0 min (AA 6.3)

Red leader I'm going in :D

I'm sure you'll recognize the flavour, Cascade hops get everywhere.

1st addition went in and there was an amazing kind of citrus aroma. amazing sensation. I wonder why American hops have no twigs in them? When i get fuggles and EKG i get some little twigs which I dont mind, but with American hops you get these amazing cones and no twigs. Weird eh?

1st addition went in and there was an amazing kind of citrus aroma. amazing sensation. I wonder why American hops have no twigs in them? When i get fuggles and EKG i get some little twigs which I dont mind, but with American hops you get these amazing cones and no twigs. Weird eh?

From what I've read I think it's our antiquated harvesting equipment. Could be wrong.

I wouldn't say Cascade it terribly subtle - is it definitely American Cascade?

I wouldn't say Cascade it terribly subtle - is it definitely American Cascade?

I agree, Cascade packs a full punch of flavour imho. Maybe tasting the wort after the boil its a lot sweeter than the finished brew, maybe that masks the cascade flavour for mirsultankhan.

Will be lovely once ready for drinking.

Cascade is very punchy floral, I think they smell a little bit lychee.

I did a cascade blonde this year and it got obliterated by everyone.. especially at BBQs

I brewd this a little short, not deliberately by mistake, just a few litres and instead of getting an estimated OG of 1050 its 1060, gulp.

I'm having a go at something like this tonight. 10l brew. 2kg MO, 100g crystal. Cascade hop additions: 20 @60m then 10g each at 15, 5, and flameout.

Hopping for a nicely hoppy fragrant beer...

Back