Brewers friend!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battleaxe

Reaction score
Evening

Ive recently spent alot of time having a good play with brewers friend!

initially it didnt seem to give an accurate recipe until i realised that the hops needed to be calibrated to the AA of what i would be using!

also has anyone noticed that the mobile app and the website version dont seem to match? ive done several comparisons and the numbers do vary between the two?

Lastly

im currently really only trying to create a recipe, when you go into detail about the setup your using are there any benchmarks i can use to get an approximate idea of volume loss in the boil and efficiency?

Its broken my mind more like... My head is a shed, personally i know i will only scratch the surface of what it can do for brewing recipes. it just makes me wonder if i should stick with kits and not try extract...

Its broken my mind more like... My head is a shed, personally i know i will only scratch the surface of what it can do for brewing recipes. it just makes me wonder if i should stick with kits and not try extract...

Like I say Brewers Friend to me looked broken badly might be better now.. I used brew mate which is brewers friend before it was taken over and it works good..

Regardless do not let a bit of software put you off moving on if thats what you desire, teh rewards far out weight the difficulty of getting your head around teh software.. infact for simple extract you don't need to worry too much about the software, just add teh extract hops with boil times and quantities.. it will give you an expected starting and finishing gravity IBUs ect.. Or simply follow a basic extract recipe without the software for now..

Perhaps the non verbose way of putting it is, don't worry about it and give it a go!! what are you planning on making?? stick it up and some of us can help

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59508

This I've added more hops to the recipe since, I am mainly a sick it and see person don't like thinking brews over too much...

Latest posts

Back