How to use the Tesco Value kettle heating element

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished putting my final element in this afternoon both tesco value kettles for my boiler first one was slightly high around 10cm but the second one is roughly about 6cm working a treat :thumb:,one more step towards the dark side :twisted:
As I live in Romania, a country with almost zero tradition in home brewing, I planned to build my boiler by installing two Tesco kettle in a cheap 32l food grade PP bucket. Unfortunately, it was later on I found the bucket I bought can't be stressed more than 20 minutes at 100C temperature. Then I bought a second hand 30l stainless steel beer keg. My question is how to install the heaters on the cylindrical walls of the keg? Any details/suggestion from you would be highly appreciated.

Right. Been using these kinds of tesco elements in my kettle and HLT. But the crimp type connections I've been using suck, and its a bit dangerous having semi-exposed terminal points. Who has a better, cheap solution to a dis-connectable bitty?

Back